• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    How late will you be at JP? I'm still going to NPCCC and will catch up with you guys wherever you might be as soon as I am done with the match. I have all the stuff with me that I PM'd you about.

You have another PM inbound also.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Good class... good info. Sorry I couldn't make the pre-class J-P shoot. It was a heck of a long day with the NPCCC match and trip to the in-laws. I don't think I've sweat that much since my military days.

With a good group like this, it would nice to see us take the next step and do a hands on.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    For all those that attended the class. If you would like to follow up and expand your information base in regards to gunshot wounds and/or terminal ballistics, I would recommend the following materials. I brought some of these to the class but we ran out of time for show-and-tell.

Books:
    • [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Gunshot-Wounds-Ballistics-Techniques-Investigations/dp/0849381630/"]Gunshot Wounds (Practical Aspects of Firearms, Ballistics, and and Forensic Techniques) 2nd Ed. by Vincent J.M. Di Maio[/ame]
    • [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Forensic-Analysis-April-1986-Firefight/dp/1581604904/"]Forensic Analysis of the April 11, 1986, FBI Firefight by W. French Anderson, M.D.[/ame]
    DVD:
    Please note that NONE of these materials cover treatment of gunshot wounds. They will, however, expand your knowledge base on GSW.

The Gunshot Wounds book is a bit pricey at $98 and I would only recommend it if you are seriously pursuing this topic or want to have a solid reference source in your library.

The Forensic Analysis book at $16 is highly recommended for anyone that wants to learn what the human body can accomplish even after receiving mortal wounds. It is also a facinating study of the FBI Miami firefight. WARNING: Book is graphic.

The Deadly Effects VHS video (Daddy, what's video???) is now available on DVD. Even though it was released in 1987, I can not find anything on the video that has been invalidated 24 years later. Good information. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Deadly-Effects-Ballistics-Bullets-Bodies/dp/B00009YP7R/"]Review by Shawn Kovacich[/ame] on Amazon (scroll down to the first review at the bottom half of the page). WARNING: This video also has some graphic images.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    With a good group like this, it would nice to see us take the next step and do a hands on.

That would be a lot of fun. How does one go about hands on training without shooting someone? Thanks for the links to those books too; some of those are definitely on my wish list now.

And a BIG thanks to turnandshoot4 for putting the class together. It was well worth the drive.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    That would be a lot of fun. How does one go about hands on training without shooting someone? Thanks for the links to those books too; some of those are definitely on my wish list now.

And a BIG thanks to turnandshoot4 for putting the class together. It was well worth the drive.

You use a good sized Hog, and if you can't save it, well then hog roast. It's win win. :twocents:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom