NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I work some with Fire safety education - the guidance is once the smoke alarm is triggered (if they had them) you have 2 minutes to get out. YMMV
    I was a firefighter for a fair few years, and yeah, 2 minutes. If you can't clear a house of children in 2 minutes... Which tells me that they didn't have fire alarms or that they didn't make sure they were working. And the only thing worse than children is neglectful parents.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Got a new to me truck 2018 4x4 ford 150 only 30k miles though pretty happy about it. Has the 3.3 and 6 speed which I hear is one of the best combos maybe you mechanics can tell me I’m wrong lol and it sucks.

All it took was one trip in my wife’s little car with all our hunting and shooting gear….. her riding home with turkeys in the rear view in garbage bags was enough for her lol
    Nice, congrats!! Only issues I see on the ecoboosts are failed turbos and failed timing chains, both are major $$$ repairs but can typically be avoided by changing your oil on a regular basis and never ever use anything besides synthetic!! Turbos build a LOT of heat and conventional oil can’t handle it, these (and most) engines require synthetic oil but people are cheap and use conventional oil destroying their engines.

Hoping to pick up my new to me truck here in about an hour. Pics soon

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Nice, congrats!! Only issues I see on the ecoboosts are failed turbos and failed timing chains, both are major $$$ repairs but can typically be avoided by changing your oil on a regular basis and never ever use anything besides synthetic!! Turbos build a LOT of heat and conventional oil can’t handle it, these (and most) engines require synthetic oil but people are cheap and use conventional oil destroying their engines.

Hoping to pick up my new to me truck here in about an hour. Pics soon
    No turbo 3.3 NA :lmfao: :scratch:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was a firefighter for a fair few years, and yeah, 2 minutes. If you can't clear a house of children in 2 minutes... Which tells me that they didn't have fire alarms or that they didn't make sure they were working. And the only thing worse than children is neglectful parents.

I saw on TV, a man stating that his little girl died, and he blamed the landlord not changing the smoke detector batteries.
    Okay. The landlord is responsible for maintenance. I can understand that.
    But.. you couldn't spend the money on a 9v battery? Really?
    I don't know how I'd live with myself, knowing I could have saved my girl for the cost of a 9v battery.

Top Bottom