• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It was only a matter of time before they wanted to do something like this. Now the Dept of Commerce will set you up with an internet ID you'll have to use to function online. Yeah, they maunder on about it being "voluntary", but that will be set aside as soon as they can manage. Before you know it you'll have to have a "trusted ID" to do any kind of business online. What a sad freakin' country this has become.

Obama Eyeing Internet ID for Americans - Tech Talk - CBS News

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    "The move also is likely to please privacy and civil liberties groups that have raised concerns in the past over the dual roles of police and intelligence agencies."

Wow. The author needs to ask people who are actually concerned about their privacy and civil liberties. Not some government loving idiots.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I decided a few years ago that once I can no longer access the internet with my current setup (Windows ME, IE 6, Firefox 2), then I'm saying the heck with it. Outdated or Gov't ID, either way, I'm leaving soon anyhow.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    "Find out just what the people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."

Frederick Douglas (1857)

Top Bottom