Offerings comparable to the Strider PT CC?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I just ordered a Dua to replace my ZT. It's a bit smaller of a knife than I was looking for, but met all my other "requirements" (built like a tank... built by a custom maker/small shop in the US, yet not remotely fancy so I don't mind using it). If I like it, the Satu is next.

I had the Dua, and it was a little small for my large hands. I love the Satu, but completely understand how a reasonable person would find it too large :laugh:. I would really like to see Mike make something in between the two, since they are both so different in size.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Agreed. A 3.5" blade would rock.

I'd also like to see the front finger choil moved further forward than it is. For me, the grip is just too far back on the handle.

I had the Dua, and it was a little small for my large hands. I love the Satu, but completely understand how a reasonable person would find it too large :laugh:. I would really like to see Mike make something in between the two, since they are both so different in size.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Agreed. A 3.5" blade would rock.

I'd also like to see the front finger choil moved further forward than it is. For me, the grip is just too far back on the handle.

I had this same thought. I got the knife today (well, yesterday now) and just compared it to my Spyderco Delica (which are about the same length closed). While the Dua appears to have the choil too far back on the handle, if you hold both knives, your hand is actually the same distance from the start of the cutting edge. It is also the same with my old Benchmade Mini-Stryker.

The Dua is kind of dull and sharpened somewhat unevenly, so I need to get my new Wicked Edge mounted on something so I can sharpen it... and a half dozen other knives.

While I'm blabbering on about it; as you and Tradertator stated above, a knife between the Dua and Satu would be perfect. After carrying the ZT 561, the Dua seems really small to me. I'll have to start saving for the Satu.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Mike puts what he calls a "toothy" edge on his stuff. I like it in theory, but always end up smoothing it out and putting a scary sharp convex edge on it. I think you'd really like the Satu. It's one of my all time favorite folders.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thanks to Traderator I was finally able to bring my years long search to an end and my Strider PT CC showed up today. Been a long time coming and I couldn't be happier. It is in great shape with just a tiny bit of blade play so I'll be sending it in for an adjustment but I'm extremely pleased to have it.

54912F9E-CCFF-49DD-A38F-7817A729B965_zpskh9jwa6l.jpg

83E0CA8E-17A3-46E0-8CEB-2CD7456C2E8D_zps0h25kqvv.jpg

Top Bottom