• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Cars with real bumpers don't meet EPA fuel consumption requirements!

Are they badass? How do you like them compared to the Chargers?

I can’t really answer that. I went from a Crown Vic to a Charger. I like the creature comforts of the Dodge but it doesn’t feel like a police car. The Fords seem pretty nice from my little experience with them, but I can’t speak to their robustness.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Are they badass? How do you like them compared to the Chargers?

I like it better than the Charger. It is faster (than the V6 model), handles better, and is AWD. It is actually heavier than a CVPI so it feels like a solid car. I like the 90 degree opening doors on the Charger. Severe dislike for the lack of trunk space because the rear impact safety setup requires the spare tire to be left in at all times.I haven't had a chance to PIT with it yet, so we'll see how that goes.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I can’t really answer that. I went from a Crown Vic to a Charger. I like the creature comforts of the Dodge but it doesn’t feel like a police car. The Fords seem pretty nice from my little experience with them, but I can’t speak to their robustness.

I was thinking more along the lines of performance and what is under the hood. Do you miss your Crown Vic?

I like it better than the Charger. It is faster (than the V6 model), handles better, and is AWD. It is actually heavier than a CVPI so it feels like a solid car. I like the 90 degree opening doors on the Charger. Severe dislike for the lack of trunk space because the rear impact safety setup requires the spare tire to be left in at all times.I haven't had a chance to PIT with it yet, so we'll see how that goes.

I'm suprised your Chargers had V6s! I figured all of the cop versions were V8s, but we know what happens when a rhino assumes.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I was thinking more along the lines of performance and what is under the hood. Do you miss your Crown Vic?

I'm suprised your Chargers had V6s! I figured all of the cop versions were V8s, but we know what happens when a rhino assumes.

I know for sure that ISP has the hemi engines in their Chargers. Not sure what engine other departments have in theirs. IMPD is known for being cheap when it comes to the fleet...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I know for sure that ISP has the hemi engines in their Chargers. Not sure what engine other departments have in theirs. IMPD is known for being cheap when it comes to the fleet...

That gives me a sad!

What's the point of having a Charger if you can't go really, really fast!!!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    X-mas eve on 30 just outside Valpo saw a new chevy 4 door pickup...surrounded by police and ambulance vehicles. Apparently, the really nice rims and mudder tires didn't work well enough to get out of the way of that semi. I got a good look at the tires/rims because one was laying in the ditch about 25yds from what was left of the truck. There were engine parts scattered even further.

I was heading to the MIL house with the family packed in my Expedition. While 4WD and the TCS system works really well it doesn't stop other drivers from acting like complete a**hats; there was more than one occasion where ALB was a good thing indeed. (I mean really, a guy in a Mustang GT pulls out in what would have been a marginal gap on a dry day...studiously not looking at us while we come sliding up to his door ALB growling...IDIOT!!!) There were at least four occasions where other drivers almost made things go very sideways.

New Years ever will again be spent at home going nowhere.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Only saw the remnants... All along 56th street in front of Eagle Creek Park yesterday morning. Easily more than a dozen sets of tracks off-road, and one pile of body parts. I know the city doesn't do much along that stretch in the winter, and folks INSIST on running 50+ through there (posted 40, and dangerous at 30 when frozen). Reap what you sow, I suppose.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    That gives me a sad!

What's the point of having a Charger if you can't go really, really fast!!!

I have had the opportunity to drive fast in the Dodge and it’s no slouch even with the V6. It’s faster than a Crown Vic in the long game but off the line it’s a pig. That being said, I chased a hemi Charger a year or two ago in a Crown Vic and he couldn’t get away from me, admittedly because he was a ****ty driver and I’m not, but still even with much more car he couldn’t shake my good ol CVPI!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have had the opportunity to drive fast in the Dodge and it’s no slouch even with the V6. It’s faster than a Crown Vic in the long game but off the line it’s a pig. That being said, I chased a hemi Charger a year or two ago in a Crown Vic and he couldn’t get away from me, admittedly because he was a ****ty driver and I’m not, but still even with much more car he couldn’t shake my good ol CVPI!

You would have been a better partner to TJ Hooker than Adrian Zmed's character was. But not Heather Locklear's character.

Top Bottom