• ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I'm legal again!

I moved back to Colorado from Indiana, and now, after the wait for residency, and the wait to get into a class (required here) and the wait for an appointment to apply, and then the wait for approval, my CCW is here!

The wait has been mitigated somewhat, since you can carry here on your person in your car and place of business without a permit.

Once again, armed and dangerous.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I moved back to Colorado from Indiana, and now, after the wait for residency, and the wait to get into a class (required here) and the wait for an appointment to apply, and then the wait for approval, my CCW is here!

What a racket! Glad you survived that obnoxious arbitrary waiting period.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Good deal man!

I just got back from So. Dakota and it felt odd having to lock the gun away to go through Illinois and Iowa. I've worn a gun out in public for so long that whenever I can't I feel naked. Not threatened per se, just that something is missing.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Congrats :rockwoot:

So does that mean you were carrying illegally? :popcorn:
    That is an inappropriate question to ask on a public forum don't you think!
    The only folks that the answer to that question would interest aren't dross's friends.
    We all "suspect" these forums get some monitoring from big brother why do we continue to give them reason to hang around?:twocents:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Congrats dross, my daughter lives in Colo Springs, we want to move there, how much for the permit and classes? Also if you were technically still an Indiana res your LTCH would be still good....

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Congrats dross, my daughter lives in Colo Springs, we want to move there, how much for the permit and classes? Also if you were technically still an Indiana res your LTCH would be still good....

I live in El Paso county, same as the Springs. In Colorado, each county sheriff issues the license. Our sheriff is very, very gun friendly. He's the only sheriff in the State that I'm aware of, that doesn't charge the maximum allowable one hundred dollars. In our county, it costs sixty dollars. So, when you add it all up, it cost me:

50 background check fee
    62 county costs
    75 mandatory training
    187 total

The license is good for five years, the training for ten.

Does CO offer a nonresident license?

Nope, nor does CO recognize non resident licenses from other states.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Good deal man!

I just got back from So. Dakota and it felt odd having to lock the gun away to go through Illinois and Iowa. I've worn a gun out in public for so long that whenever I can't I feel naked. Not threatened per se, just that something is missing.

Warning: Blasphemy ahead: I don't (and can't) carry every day... And I don't always feel like wearing my M&P (J-frame gets carried more), but if I CAN carry and for whatever reason I don't; I completely understand the "something's missing". I don't feel threatened; I just feel unsettled as I realize my unpreparedness. That's when I remind myself of the "odds". Odds are good, very good actually, that nothing will happen.

I live in El Paso county, same as the Springs. In Colorado, each county sheriff issues the license. Our sheriff is very, very gun friendly. He's the only sheriff in the State that I'm aware of, that doesn't charge the maximum allowable one hundred dollars. In our county, it costs sixty dollars. So, when you add it all up, it cost me:

50 background check fee
    62 county costs
    75 mandatory training
    187 total

The license is good for five years, the training for ten.

Not that the fees are all that much different than they are here in IN... But there's a good chance that you can blame "Boulder" and all the granola eaters for the difficulty / reluctance at which things are done there.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    Okay, so I now officially hate you starting on Christmas Eve! Thanks a lot!

Glad you made it back to the RMW, we are looking forward to our escape from the Midwest. (Sorry for any offense folks)

Buckaroo

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    That is an inappropriate question to ask on a public forum don't you think!
    The only folks that the answer to that question would interest aren't dross's friends.
    We all "suspect" these forums get some monitoring from big brother why do we continue to give them reason to hang around?:twocents:

It was a joke. From reading Dross's posts I think he is more than intelligent to not answer if he was.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Welcome to CO. Glad you found a training class for less than $100. I think trainers here charge way to much. Don't know if you shoot IPSC but if you do that would have counted as training. That's what I did.

How long did your permit take? Mine took just over 30 days I think.

Top Bottom