Ok, got my Saiga 12; where near Elkhart can I have it done up right?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Picked up my Saiga 12, complete with 19" threaded barrel today!:ar15: Next step; accessories! I would like to turn it into the ultimate in Zombie killing perfection, but I don't know of any gunsmiths in the Elkhart area that would do it justice..... any of my INGO bretheren know of anyone? Thanks in advance....

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Picked up my Saiga 12, complete with 19" threaded barrel today!:ar15: Next step; accessories! I would like to turn it into the ultimate in Zombie killing perfection, but I don't know of any gunsmiths in the Elkhart area that would do it justice..... any of my INGO bretheren know of anyone? Thanks in advance....

Are talking about doing a conversion? If so, its actually really easy to do yourself. I got all my parts from Carolina Shooters Supply. They have pretty good prices and really fast shipping.

They also have really good step by step vidoes on youtube for doing the conversion yourself. Thats what I used to do mine and it went really smooth.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Please give a hint of how soon. I dont want to accidently spend my money on something else just before it comes out.

It was ready and then Richard in his constant quest for perfection took it back to the drawing board to be reworked again......so I am guessing Spring.

No pics until the final version is decided on, but it is badasssnesss!!!

NO MODIFICATION REQUIRED TO THE GUN!!!

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I did my conversion myself too, and it worked out just fine. The first thing to do is get an after-market gas plug - mine is a MD Arms plug with five gas settings. For my gun, that was absolutely necessary to get the gun to cycle with the 20-round drum.

Good luck and enjoy.

Guy

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Are talking about doing a conversion? If so, its actually really easy to do yourself. I got all my parts from Carolina Shooters Supply. They have pretty good prices and really fast shipping.

They also have really good step by step vidoes on youtube for doing the conversion yourself. Thats what I used to do mine and it went really smooth.

This. Save yourself some cash and do it yourself with a parts kit from CSS.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I did my conversion myself too, and it worked out just fine. The first thing to do is get an after-market gas plug - mine is a MD Arms plug with five gas settings. For my gun, that was absolutely necessary to get the gun to cycle with the 20-round drum.

Good luck and enjoy.

Guy

I wouldnt advise jumping straight into a new gas puck. I was advised that as well but I found out I didnt even need it once I put a 100 rounds or so through it. But they say each gun is different.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    It was ready and then Richard in his constant quest for perfection took it back to the drawing board to be reworked again......so I am guessing Spring.

No pics until the final version is decided on, but it is badasssnesss!!!

NO MODIFICATION REQUIRED TO THE GUN!!!

I think this needs it own thread. I wanna talk about this thing without thread jacking.

Top Bottom