• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I'm old school, I admit it, I don't like change or do it very well. I never thought I would want a "plastic DA only" pistol but today I took the plunge. I bought a Keltec PF9 for a pretty good price. I haven't shot it yet so, tell me, if you have one, what are your likes/dislikes and what would you recommend as far as upgrades or modifications? I joined and have looked on KTOG but would like some response from fellow INGOERS. Please only respond if you have had one or own one, I never did care for he said/she said - second hand news even from the greatest Gun Gurus.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I just recently bought one myself. I ran 100 rounds of FMJ and 2 mags of Black Hills JHP ammo. I had 2 FTF's. The rounds actually nose dived in the magazine. I blame it on the cheap Georgia Arms ammo though. It never happened with the Black Hills. Is it a fun gun to shoot, no! The trigger is a little on the heavy side. I had to take a break after 2-3 mags. However, it fits a purpose. It is super easy to conceal, and very comfortable to carry. I have been to the movies, dinner, etc. I do not even realize it's there. For me, IWB carry is very uncomfortable. I carry OWB and just throw my shirt over it. I bought a holster from here. www.holsterkings.com. I actually wear the holster at 4 o'clock between my belt and pants using the metal clip.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Thanks Patriot, I always value someones opinion who's been there and done that even if I didn't get to buy the Rossi or 883 from you lol

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Good little carry gun. I put several hundred thru mine even 147gr which I read it didnt agree with. Put a little bicycle innertube on mine to help with control. Some of the first ones I read on KTOG had real troubles but any new ones should have had this worked out by now. Kel-Tec helped me with a P-11 mag issue and their customer service was better than others i've dealt with. My only downside was the trigger.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My wife carries one, and loves it. When it was new, we both ran it though its paces with a variety of ammo, and it never hiccuped once.
    As far as modifications, I did polish the feed ramp on it, and used a razor to trim the casting lines, but that was mainly as a visual improvement. The blued finish of the slide did leave much to be desired, and I blasted it and coated it with KG in flat black. The KG smoothed out the roughness of the metal, and it hasnt shown the first sign of rust since. If you have a hard chromed or parkerized version, you may not have that issue.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I carry my pf 9 with the belt clip, no holster, inside waist band, small of back. I just installed the Crimson Trace laser, and trimmed the Hogue wrap to fit around the laser activation button, works great like that!

Top Bottom