• ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Okay, here's the deal.

I am thinking about trying IDPA. The Atlanta Conservation Club has a match this Saturday. That might be a little overwhelming to just jump right in. However, they have a "practice" session on Friday nite that I can attend.

I have the following:

Glock 26 9 mm- multiple magazines. No magazine pouch/holder.

Colt Defender .45 - multiple magazines. No magazine pouch/holder.

Springfield Armory XD/m 9mm - two magazines. One magazine "pouch" that holds two magazines.

Springfield Armory Range Officer .45 - two magazines. One factory magazine "pouch" that holds two magazines.

The Glock and the Colt accessories will enable me to have plenty of magazines - but I don't have a magazine pouch/holder.

The Springfields came with the magazine pouch/holder - but I only have the two magazines that came with the gun.

The perfect solution would be to go find magazine pouches for the Glock and the Colt and/or go find more magazines for either/both of the S.A.'s. I don't particularly want to start out by purchasing a lot of "accessories" until I get a better understanding about of what participants in the sport can recommend.

I plan on purchasing more magazine regardless if I use the guns for IDPA. If I wanted to find a few more magazines for the S.A.'s is there anywhere in the Indy area that might be a source ?

Or . . . . . is there anyplace in the Indy area that might be a source ammo pouches/holders.

Any (helpful) suggestions appeciated. :)

Thanks in advance

mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    Just a thought, but will your G26 mags not fit in the Springfield mag pouches? They are all double-stack 9mm mags, right? Also, and I might get skewered by the masses here, but Gander Mountain might be worth a look for mag pouches. I've seen them there a few times in the past.

Just my .02.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    I agree with mattdennis3; if not, just use your back pocket.... The point is, just get out there and try it; it's a blast (but not as much as cowboy, which is why I've quit IDPA).

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Forget about spending $ on gear before you've even shot. Bring a gun, 3 mags, a safe holster (covers the trigger), ear/eye protection, some kind of jacket/shirt/vest that covers the gun, and GO SHOOT. Put the mags in your back pocket; buy gear later after you get a feel for the game.

There's nothing overwhelming about it. While a practice night is a good idea to wet your feet, there's nothing wrong w/ showing up to the match and getting started. Let the folks running the match know you are new and they'll walk you through what you need to do.

Don't overthink it before you've even experienced it.

-rvb

Top Bottom