Old CNN video 2008, the danger of painted guns.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Talk about hysteria. Another dire prediction that went NOWHERE.

[ame]http://youtu.be/o4gB4i4hAco[/ame]

[ame=http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/02/19/resnik.painted.guns.kpnx]Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com[/ame]

I did a search for this and couldn't find any links here on INGO.

Apparently four years ago the problem wasn't evil black guns, but cute guns that gang members were taking a shine to. I missed this the first time around, but it seems a perfect example of not letting a non-crisis go to waste.

A shame what the media will say/do just to get folks riled up.

Other than that it's funny to hear all these folks soberly proclaiming this as a serious problem. Here we are four years later, and it does not appear that these guns brought about the downfall of our society. Sheesh.:rolleyes:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hey, cobber, did ya hear, colored guns are frightening to law enforcement.:laugh:

Never understood this hysteria but why didn't anyone raise the First Amendment along with the Second???

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I'm just tickled that this was such a freaking big threat in 2008, that we had to have a major network weighing in on it, but four years later it completely dipped off the radar.

Which would lead a rational person (53% of the population?) to conclude that 95% of the "news" is bollocks.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Makes me wonder if people like this ever look back and say "Well I made a pretty stupid prediction on that newscast"?

The one guy's eyebrows reminded me of a marionette. Looked like someone had strings pulling them up every so often.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Another CNN-manufactured crisis. They said that painted guns are putting people's lives in danger.

Yeah, not so much.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Well...I for one don't like the painted guns...because there are to many stupid people who don't think a gun safe is necessary, About 25 years ago a I had to stop a cop who drew his gun on my 10 years old son and his friends...because they came running around the house with play hand guns. This was back when play guns looked real. I am sure most people on here who own guns have taken their children to gun safety course and taught them to respect guns...it is the other children who venture into your home you have to worry about. I did see a pretty pink Glock at Indy Self Defense...just a fleeing thought.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    The good part of the video was when the guy over the phone says that most of these are going to law enforcement officer's wives... cracked me up. OMG hello kitty!!!!!!!???? Think of all these poor children that will be magnetically drawn to these evil killing devices. And then all of the police who will be required to put down the threats.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    What we can take away from this:

black guns = evil
    painted guns = evil
    (guns = evil)

Next it will be exercise of free speech. We're already part of the way there.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    The good part of the video was when the guy over the phone says that most of these are going to law enforcement officer's wives... cracked me up. OMG hello kitty!!!!!!!????

Didn't you get the memo...? :dunno: Nothing screams bad-ass mofo' hardcore Thug Life Blood/Crip Killa' straight-up gangsta like the Hello Kitty and My Little Pony gats dat' all da' Homies be packin' yo..!

hello-kitty-keltec-gun.jpg

raw

gangsta_bob.jpg

Top Bottom