Old Meriden Model 15 pump 22 rifle - repairable?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikew773

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Kokomo
    I have a Meriden Model 15 pump action tube fed 22 rifle that was my grandpa's. I inherited it when he passed away. The blueing is gone and the metal needs some work. The biggest problem is probably the rifling in the barrel. The bullets appear to tumble (based on the paper target). Is rifling something that is repairable? If yes, can anyone recommend a gunsmith that could do the repairs. I'm very interested in an estimated cost to repair the rifle if it's repairable. I don't think the gun is worth much but it has sentimental value and I'd love to get it back into good condition.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have a Meriden Model 15 pump action tube fed 22 rifle that was my grandpa's. I inherited it when he passed away. The blueing is gone and the metal needs some work. The biggest problem is probably the rifling in the barrel. The bullets appear to tumble (based on the paper target). Is rifling something that is repairable? If yes, can anyone recommend a gunsmith that could do the repairs. I'm very interested in an estimated cost to repair the rifle if it's repairable. I don't think the gun is worth much but it has sentimental value and I'd love to get it back into good condition.

The rifling may be all gunked up with old lead....I would give the bore a very good cleaning first.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg

Deep clean first. If that doesn't work, the barrel can be drilled and an insert can be installed. Not a hard job, just time consuming.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    wad up a soft ear plug, insert in the muzzle,fill with kroil oil, et set for a couple days, use a brass brush and do it several times, see if this helps the accuracy of the rifle......other wise drilling for a rifled liner is not hard, glue in the liner, rechamber and away you go

pics of this neat old rifle???

Top Bottom