• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tex10guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Deer Park, Texas
    I have 2 boxes of Winchester 20 ga. shells that we bought in around 1960. I also have 2 quart storage bags full of old .410 shells. Are they still good to fire ? Safety is a concern. If I can't shoot how do you get rid of them the proper way ?
    Thanks.
    Raymond

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I don't have any problems if they're not swollen and stick in the chamber. I don't think I'd rapid fire them off but should be safe enough to shoot in a gun in good condition.
    I was wondering last night the same thing about disposal.
    I was going through a box of my father's (RIP) things and ran across some old paper shells that are coming apart. I'm sure they should be disposed of but I'm not aware of proper disposal procedures either.

mr_camera_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Lake co.
    I'd be concerned if the .410s were reloaded, and by whom. We tossed lots of reloads when we cleaned out my grandfather's house after he passed away, because we had no idea if he loaded them before or after he started drinking. :(

Tex10guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    Deer Park, Texas
    All my old shotgun shells were store bought, no reloads. I am also concerned about the shotgun that I used as a boy in 1960. My father purchased a 20 ga. Beretta Companion as my Christmas present. This was last used on a late night rabbit hunt in about 1970. On second thought I believe I will retire this gun. Thanks Dad.

Top Bottom