• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My son is Type 1 diabetic, and uses a device called an Omnipod dash delivery device, is there anyone here using those that could spare 1,or 2, my son is on his last one ( he threw out an box of expired but still could be used ones… don’t ask us why) we have some on order, but won’t be here til the 4th of April, any help would be great. Thanks in advance

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Call his Doc that prescribed the pod. They usually have extras just for this reason.

Oops. Just caught the dates. Nevermind.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    He has an appointment with his Endo Monday, just hoping the pod lasts that long, we haven't used needles in years....

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    He has an appointment with his Endo Monday, just hoping the pod lasts that long, we haven't used needles in years...
    My wife has been on a pump since 2006. Going back to needles would seriously be a challenge. We have everything to do it but it would take so much time. Since most pumps only use fast acting insulin, that is all we have.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Same with my wife. She was diagnosed at 10. She's somewhere between 43 and 45 now ;)

She's been exclusively with Medtronic since her first pump. They really screwed us around in 2016 when the new model was going to be released. Her doc even mentioned recently that they have serious customer service issues. But as of now, their pump with their CGM is almost a closed loop system. When she does her part, the system is pretty dang good. I'm not aware of another system that does that.

She has an appointment in a week or two for a new pump setup. We will be upgrading and looking at what's out there now.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A lovely lady gave us 2, so we're good til then, thanks all! Mods please close thread
    The wife used to do pods. Her doc always over prescribed the amount of insulin she used so that she always had some extra.

She switched to an inhaled insulin two years ago (Afrezza) and said the freedom was like switching from a corded pump to Omnipod.

Top Bottom