• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    As crazy days seem to be increasing in frequency, it is prudent to EDC around the home, as YOU NEVER know what is around the corner.
    Submitted a pistol to WEBUYGUNS. Bersa Thunder 380 purchased back in 2011. Chris offered a decent price (within trade in value) and I accepted.
    Purchased a Ruger LCP Max 380 online. Did extensive reviews of both pros and cons of the Ruger Max 380. Ordered some enhancement parts from Galloway Precision (trigger, springs and stainless steel guide rod). Purchased a 2 pack of the 12 round extended mags from same online retailer as the pew-pew.
    Polished the feed ramp, oiled the slide rails and cleaned the barrel.
    All parts have been installed.
    Ready for the range when the weather permits.
    Purchase for the wife the Ruger Security 380 last year. Great shooter. Easy to rack the slide. A bit to big to carry in my pocket around the yard though.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Range report.
    Pros: Decent recoil out of such a short barrel. Enhancement parts worked without issue. Actually, the trigger is excellent now.
    Cons: 12 round magazines when fully loaded will not allow the slide to go into battery. Racking the slide from the closed position with the fully loaded magazines didn't work. Used the slide lock to keep the slide rearward, loaded the magazine and released seem to work. Perhaps this is "new" firearm break-in. More testing needed. Want the wife to shoot it as well.
    Zero issues with function (aside from that mentioned above). Ran 50 rounds. Aquila 95grain.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Range report.
    Pros: Decent recoil out of such a short barrel. Enhancement parts worked without issue. Actually, the trigger is excellent now.
    Cons: 12 round magazines when fully loaded will not allow the slide to go into battery. Racking the slide from the closed position with the fully loaded magazines didn't work. Used the slide lock to keep the slide rearward, loaded the magazine and released seem to work. Perhaps this is "new" firearm break-in. More testing needed. Want the wife to shoot it as well.
    Zero issues with function (aside from that mentioned above). Ran 50 rounds. Aquila 95grain.
    I was considering the Max 380 for a minute and shot a rental at my local range. I was pleasantly surprised, it did not suck and i shot a box pf 50 rounds and could have gone more. Eventually went with a sig 290 RS in 9mm but if a used 380 max showed up at the right price would definitely give it a long look.

Update us on the loading issue after you shoot more. I don't recall having any issue with the mag at the range

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Best I can tell from experimenting. A fully loaded 12 round magazine causes first round loading issue. Going 11 rounds, slide goes forward on the first round without issue. I still need to test the second 12 round magazine for the same issue.

Top Bottom