• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I was coming home tonight down a country road and I see a guy pulled over with his hood up. So I turned around and decided I would give him a hand. After talking to the guy for a few minutes, he says he hit a deer a few roads over and that was why his car was broken down. I helped him change his tire and we made sure it would start and he went on his way. So I decided I would go see what he hit. I drove to the spot he told me he hit it and sure enough a nice 10 point was dead in the ditch. The worst part of the story is, is that I hunt less than a quarter mile from there and was hoping to get a shot at that deer this year. I had seen him on trail cams many times, just never got a chance to take him. Well I guess that one wont be on the wall. I will try to get up pics as soon as I figure it out, cause I know this thread is worthless without pics.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Ok so the picture thing isnt going so well. If you want to see the pictures please visit my albums. I think you will be able to tell which ones are it. Also 1 side of its rack is broken off and was destroyed so its only a 5 point now.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Well it would have been good to eat but it is totally destroyed. That is actually why I went looking for it. Trust me I am not above eating road kill but with this deer its not going to be worth it. I can say that I am going to report it to the DNR in hope that they will let me take it. My wife has recently gotten into trying to help me process my deer and I think it would atleast help me teach her. It also wouldnt go to total waste this way. If I find any good meat in the mess I will keep it and some of the scrapes I find will go to my dogs. I hate seeing any deer go to waste. I am currently working with the DNR on the matter to.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Believe it or not a little Saturn did that. I went back by there today in the light and its bad. I cant believe that a little car could do that much damage. I took another look at it and every piece of meat on that deer is bad, so no need to try and save it cause I dont think I could bring myself to eat it. I like hamburger and all but I prefer it out of a meat grinder.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Sadly that happens frequently at my brother's place. His place is 1/4 mile from one heavily travelled state highway and 1 mile from a 4 lane state highway. We frequently see pics of some really nice trophies that got hit. It always happens a few weeks before deer season too. Got a pic on my phone of the big one that was hit last year. My brother had lots of pics of it on his trail cam, and then 3 weeks before season it got hit. Nice 16 pointer with some LONG tines. Biggest deer I've seen in our area in a long time.

Top Bottom