• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Let's say I wanted to build a SBR AR15 chambered in 300BLK, but I also wanted a can on it.

Would I still need two stamps if I had a 10.5" barrel, with a 6" can pinned to it so it could not be removed? Or would that still require 2 stamps, one for the can and one for the short barrel (even if the combination is 16,5" OAL).

All hypothetical. I want to build a lot of stuff that I don't have the money for... ha.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Moving this to the NFA Forum

(BTW, my understanding is that if it is pinned and meets the length required, it would NOT be an SBR and would be a 1 stamp firearm)

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    One stamp if you had it pinned and welded with the OAL over 16". I wouldn't recommend it, though. Spend the extra $200 and be able to put the can on whatever gun you want.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Agreed on doing it separately. Even guns like the MP5 SD allow the can to be removed for maintenance and cleaning (requiring two stamps). Plus, as magic man says, it will allow you to have a lot of flexibility to put your suppressor on some of your other rifles if you want.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Slightly off-topic but maybe a bit applicable:

Are there any ATF FTB rulings on monolithic uppers with rails/tubes long enough to meet the minimum length?

The reason I ask is that integral suppressor with a tube permanently affixed to the gun qualify as meeting the requirement as measured from the end of the permanently affixed tube, even if the barrel inside the tube is much shorter. Wouldn't a monolithic upper with a long tube perform the same function?

If the OP is looking to avoid 2 stamps this may be an option (he would just need a barrel extension to shoot unsuppressed if he didn't want the gas/flame inside the handguard).

Top Bottom