• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    this was touched on briefly in the az thread(i think) there isnt the manpower or money for that. most dont have police presence around them. i think that will probable change now though.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    this was touched on briefly in the az thread(i think) there isnt the manpower or money for that. most dont have police presence around them. i think that will probable change now though.

^ This.

She is a congresswoman (ie. house of representatives) who is NOT currenlty running for president. The only people who get 24/7 protection are your prez, the VP and those candidates that are running for prez. Everyone else is on their own. Your rep
    smiley-talk034.gif
    Pete was in town recently and he had no protection either.

Reps are no different that you and I. They feel they need protection just like you and I then they should carry, wear body armor, or hire their own force via their won dime! I don't want my money paying for a "force" to protect them. They choose to do that job they should realize their is some level of risk that comes with it. Just like a fireman may die on the job saying someone else. Or a soldier can die on the battlefield. If they want a safer job then go become an accountant and do audits.

The point is I don't want more tax dollars spent on protection that may or may no work. If someone is really gunning for you no amount of protection is gonna stop them. Just like you can't 100% theft proof a house. Someone with enough determination will always find a way to steal. :xmad:

jvanvorst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Listening to the Sherrif out there spew his wacked ideas on camera I don't think I'd want him or his posse protecting me either. :-!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    just remember jvanvorst, the police are not there to protect you; they are there to take witness statements and investigate the crimes.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    If you're talking about Sheriff Joe you need to go take a hike.

I believe he was taking about Pima County Sheriff Dupnik, the one that started all of the "this is a result of hate and vitriol" insinuating that it was talk radio's fault, as well as saying "Arizonians are racists" blah blah blah...

His job was to report the facts, not give his political stumping for office speech.

Top Bottom