Operation Arm a Marine (with a .22) A Success!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Today I gave away the Smith & Wesson M22A that I won at the Friends of the NRA Banquet in West Lafayette a couple of weeks ago. Since I have just a few .22s *whistling* I decided to give it to a young shooter just starting out so to speak.

INGO member Jtgarner met me at Applied Ballistics in Lafayette, went through the background check with flying colours and then took the pistol. I then gave him a Winchester .22 555 round boxes (banned in Hammond) and a year membership in the ISRPA provided by another INGO member from Evansville and in my capacity as a Director at Large of ISPRA I gave him a spiffy new ISRPA hat.

He watched the safety video and then off to the range where we rented an hour. We shot up some zombies, I got to try the Smith 22A (I like it, heck of a gun for the money) and jt got to shoot some of my guns.

Oh, and how Marines can shoot. The defense of our nation is in good hands with some scary level pistol skill from one of INGO's young 0311s.

I settled the tab with Stan and then off to lunch for a bison burger and homemade root beer at the Lafayette Brewing Company. All went well and we had a great time . . . shooting guns and living in the USA, how could it get any better?:patriot:

Jt drawing down on zombies:

utf-8BV2VhLTIwMTExMDAxLTAwMDMxLmpwZw.jpg

An advancing line of zombies face a couple of Ruger 22/45s, a Smith M17 and a Les Baer TRS.

utf-8BV2VhLTIwMTExMDAxLTAwMDMyLmpwZw.jpg

Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association (are you a member yet? Why not? Join today!)

Home Page

Thanks to Stan the Man at Applied Ballistics for keeping the pistol a few weeks to allow Jt a hole in his busy schedule!

Applied Ballistics Systems, Inc.

Lafayette Brewing Company for all your bison and root beer needs:

Craft Beer, Brew Pub, Lafayette, IN | Lafayette Brewing Company

Last edited:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Cheers for a most magnanimous monarch and a deserving young man.

Forgot about Director at Large of ISRPA in previous introductions. You got more titles than the Green Bay Packers. :): :yesway:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Wow's all around! Wow to Kirk, Wow to JT for serving our great country! , Wow to MTC for the cool Packers reference!! When is the Arm a former AF Sgt, and Packers fan with an AR?.......JK..... I'll buy my own when the time comes!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom