• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Ladies, I would like your opinion on something.

I am taking my sister and niece to an appleseed in April and I want to get something to give as a prize for whichever scores the highest on the AQT. It should inspire a little friendly competition.

At the 1500, one of the vendors had jewelry made out of spent shell casings that I thought were pretty cool.

I think they're neat, but I don't know anything about jewelry. They're not that expensive, but I want to get something they will like. Any advice from the INGO ladies would be greatly appreciated.
    Pistol Petals pat. pend
    Style_9p

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I took a non INGo member, very new female shooter who doesn't wear jewelry to the INGO. This is THE only table she stopped to talk to someone at....

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I don't have one of the petal styles, but I have one of the other styles with the gem set into the primer pocket. The petals are pretty, but I was worried that it would get caught on stuff and ultimately break. But I kinda like people being able to figure out what it is, too. :D
    At any rate, mine seems to be holding up well, including the chain. Pretty cool idea with either style you decide.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    What a wonderful idea! I looked over the web site and had some thoughts about these. I agree with Auntie Bellium, that they appear as if they could get caught on something, but if they were that fragile, they probably wouldn't be selling many of them either.
    My only other real concern is how old your niece is(is she in school still). I have read somewhere that a kid got suspended from school for wearing a spent casing on a cord around his neck. Not trying to discourage you, just want you to be informed and check so she doesn't get in trouble accidently.
    Other than that, I think it's a great idea!:yesway:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Thank you for your inputs!

I am going to go ahead and order one of these for my niece/sister. I never thought about them snagging, but I looked at one pretty close and am pretty sure it will not break.

I will definitely insist that my niece not wear it to school if she ends up with it (she's a senior in HS). Thank you very much for pointing that out, I had totally not considered.

Thank you very much ladies of INGO! If you three think of anything else, or anyone else has any thoughts they would like to share, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    You know the more I think about it, I do have a black tie event to go to soon. Hmmmm....one of those petals might be nice to dress things up a bit. Oh, Bubba....:D

(As in Bubba/Rimshot NOT The Bubba Effect/TBE. You guys are super confusing, ya' know that?!)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Don't know their ages but you might consider getting each lady such a prize. Neither has to know if you don't want them to. Let them think only one exists for the "winner." But in the spirit of "Job well done, ladies. I am proud of you both" surprise them both at the end of it all. I would think each would be deserving of it. Sort of reward the effort, not just the results. Just a thought.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    OK, 88GT has got me feeling like a cheapskate. So, now I'm thinking I should get each one of them something.
    I'm thinking a #3 in .45acp
    Style_3p

and a #4 in .45acp.

Style_4pp

What do you think of these choices?
    Also, the website says that I can get these as pendants or necklaces. Should I get one pendant, one necklace, or two pendants and two necklaces?

Thanks again for all the help. INGO is awesome!

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I like. If you know they are necklace wearers, they might have a chain that they could put the pendant on....if not, then you'd want to get the chain with it. For me....I have lots of chains, so just the pendant would be wonderful.
    If you still wanted to encourage the competition, you could do one, and then get a little "second prize" gift...like a chocolate something...very few women don't like chocolate.

WhoDaThunk?RN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Franklin township
    I really liked the ones they had with the silver scroll work, and the gemstone in the center a combination of the primer and the petal ones. The "scolled primer hecklace" New Designs!

i so would have bought one if hubby and I hadn't already dropped nearly $500 w/o buying a gun! :cool:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I deffinately like the choices you have made. I'm thinking necklace instead of pendant. I don't know of any high schooler who would wear a pendant personally. You are a very cool Uncle/Brother. Want to adopt me as a sister?:D

I agree that you shouldn't let on that there are two prizes, until after it is all over. That will make it all the more fun that day.

Top Bottom