• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woody968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Wild appreciate opinions on the Ravencrest OTF knives.

i know nothing about quality of knives or what to look for. I have always carried cheap knives but while on vacation a dealer introduced me to these and has perked my interest. Honestly I was a bit surprised at the high price. Then with just a short amount of research I discovered that I had no clue how expensive knives could be!

A little guidance on what to look for would be appreciated.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Ravencrest is total ****. They take $30 Chinese microtech knockoffs and re-brand them Ravencrest and give them a "warranty" then only mark up the price about 500% or so. They prey on people who do not have any knowledge of the knife world at all. If you want a decent cheap OTF (Out The Front) knife to play with just spend $30 on a Lightning brand OTF and be done with it no need to spend $100+ on a ravencrest.

Now if you want a quality OTF that will hold an edge and last you the rest of your life I suggest you look into Microtech and H&K knives.

Woody968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Just did a quick search on the Lightning brand and I think that is just what I was looking for! My wife wants an OTF but didn't want to plunk down a bunch of cash as she has been known to misplace things from time to time.

Thanks again Dean, you guys rock!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Yea they were upfront about the parts being made over seas and then built in USA.

Thanks for for your input Dean.

Thats just a legal thing, they have to say "assembled in the USA" because if they were not assembled here and instead shipped in their completed form to the states that would violate the Federal switchblade law and make them illegal imports.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Im sure those are great knives but I think I'll go a bit more budget conscious at first to see how we like OTF :)

understand totally! BUT...buy once cry once!

lightning brand, raven crest, "gunshow" autos, are (for the most part) crap/knockoffs!!!!!

buy from a legit dealer! yes you will pay more, but you'll get a knife that will last! has a good steel blade, that will hold up to daily use, and not go dull everytime you open a envelope with it

a lightning will set you back 40 bucks plus shipping(so about 50 bucks) and a microtech will cost about 200. BUT you'll get a get a better knife, look at it like this, at golden coral you can get a dinner that includes something they call a steak for about 15 bucks, but if you go to outback steakhouse, you spend about 25 bucks, and get something that tastes like steak!....knives are the same thing!

now, if you want to have a fun night with your wife, would you take her to golden coral or outback?

(fyi if you don't have golden coral, its like ryans, and if you don't have outback, its like logans)

Top Bottom