• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    As the title suggests, I am looking for some opinions on what to do about a sheath for a Becker BK2. I am looking for modularity here, meaning pack mounting and belt carry options. Also I don't want leather.

I have seen all the cons to the stock sheath, so right now I have come up with 2 options.

I thought about keeping the stock sheath, and adding Techlok Molle Loks to the back, while keeping the original belt loop. Then to that I was going to add an ESEE pouch to the front. This option will cost about $40.

The other option was to get a Spec Ops Combat Master - Short. The problem I have with this is the MOLLE compatibility. The top loops will mount easily, but the rest will have to be lashed, and my pack does not have alot of MOLLE rows so the sheath will hang off a large portion. This would cost a little under $40 as long as the Spec Ops sale is on the website.

The MOLLE Loks will allow the body of the sheath to mount nicely instead of hanging down, and the ESEE pouch has more room than the Spec Ops pouch. I like the design of the Spec Ops, other than the lack of MOLLE, as well as the nicer belt carry setup.

So now I'm torn here guys. I don't want to go over those prices and so far I haven't seen anything else that would fit the bill.

Any opinions/other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    What don't you like about the standard sheath that comes with the companion?

The plastic portion seems nice, but the belt loop it comes with is a big negative.

But the option with the Molle loks would use the standard sheath. I don't really want to do a total overhaul. I've seen guys put leather on it or web pistol belt material in place of the nylon. I just wish that part was more sturdy from the get go.

I thought about attachjng the sock sheath to the ESEE molle back, as I've seen a few people do. But by the time i get that and the pouch it will have almost cost more than the knife itself. That's where i got the option of the Spec Ops sheath.

Overall i am looking for modular because I'm mounting it to a pack. That's where i came up with the two options. basically I'm looking for what others would go with in this situation.

Top Bottom