• ...and so much more!
  • wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Like the post says, any opinions on this particular piece? Thanks

Had one that was absolutely reliable as a shooter. Forget about the laser - when it worked it was usually for only one shot.
    Trigger was the weirdest one I've ever encountered. HEAVY to get the hammer to move, then dropped off on effort once started. Made it kinda hard to be real accurate, but, once learned, worked well enough. :twocents:

ErickB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Schererville
    My buddy's fiancée has one of these. It's so concealable it's insane, and the integral laser is a nice touch.

It's pretty stiff to shoot, I thought, firing defensive grade .380's out of a gun so light, but if you're looking for true pocket carry, one of these is definitely a contender. :)

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My dad has two. One for EDC, one for whatever. Loves them.

Good shooter, very concealable.

Only problem he has is, the pocket holster he uses
    presses the laser button and drains the battery.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I've got one and I carry it pretty much all the time, either as a BUG or alone if I think concealing my primary might be dicey.

I have found it to be more pleasant to shoot than most sub-compact .380s because it is a bit more ergonomic. It is also quite accurate if you take your time with it, probably due to having real sights instead of the gutter and pip it seems most of its competitors in the .380 class have.

I don't really use the laser, although I haven't noticed any problems with it. It is very nicely integrated rather than being the clip-on afterthought solution that both the LCP and P238 get by with. Again, not a big deal to me, but it is unarguably a very sharp looking package.

Easily fits into a front pocket in a little deSantis sheath holster, or just dropped in for those that are ok with naked pocket carry. The combination of an extremely long trigger pull and a true external safety make pocket carry a bit safer with this pistol than most, I'd wager. The trigger pull both smooths out and becomes lighter over time, to the point that it is really quite a decent trigger as these polymer guns go, but its always going to be an incredibly long pull.

All in all, I think its quite a viable option, especially now that they can be picked up for around $300. I have no reservations carrying it.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Thanks for the opinions guys. They have them at Palmetto for 329.00, I can't really go wrong at that price point. I could probably sell it for more if I never fired it. Anyway, Thanks again, you guys are the greatest.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    My girlfriend's brother bought one of these for daily carry. He ends up carrying it the most even though he has some 9mm and a 1911. As a pocket gun it's nice and as someone else mentioned the laser is a nice touch.

However the trigger is really stiff being DAO. It just feels like it takes FOREVER before it breaks and you get a round off. Also the recoil can be quite painful after a couple of mags. Also my first attempt at shooting one...because of the small size it caused my shooting hand's thumb to accidentally eject the magazine from the recoil.

It's still a nice gun though and makes a great EDC or even a back up gun if your into that sort of thing.

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Trigger is two hours long. Sights are nice. Recoil is not bad. Front pocket carry is insanely easy with virtually no printing when wearing cargo type pants. I have had no problems with the laser.

The first time you take it apart for cleaning, the take down pin may be a bit stiff to remove. Then, it's fine.

300 rounds thru the pipe, not a single problem.

The trigger pull is very long, and at first I was shooting with a point of impact that was four inches left of the point of aim at 7 yards. With a little concentration, and practice, it's a nice piece. It's not a range run though.

I like it. And the price you listed above is not bad at all. Pick up a second mag. They run about $22 or $24.

Top Bottom