• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Picked up a Scorpion 3+ Micro recently. Looking at Holosun optics (I have a few for pistols currently). Interested in the circle dot reticle.

Looking at a few, including:

• 510c Open emitter, and won't cowitness with the OEM CZ sights
    • 512c (discontinued but found a vendor that has it in stock), closed emitter, won't cowitness with OEM
    • SCRS - haven't read much on this one yet
    I believe the downside of the 512C will be that if I have to warranty it, Holosun would most likely replace with another optic. Any other downsides?

Interested in suggestions. Keeping this around $300'ish or less would be good. Looking for the circle dot reticle and as much view as I can get for quick acquisition, 2 eye open shooting, etc.

Thanks

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    IMO - you really don't need something to co-witness with irons on it. I took the irons off my Scorp.

And for my $, I'd put a 403 series holosun on it or a Sig ROME05.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    IMO - you really don't need something to co-witness with irons on it. I took the irons off my Scorp.

And for my $, I'd put a 403 series holosun on it or a Sig ROME05.
    Looking for the multi reticle. I already have a Freedom Ordnance with a Vortex SPARC on it, wanting to do something a little different this time.

And agreed, doesn't have to cowitness but would be nice, though it looks like not too many will with the OEM sights, unless I go with a true pistol reflex sight and use a converter to mount to the rail. Changing out the OEM sights opens up more possibilities of course.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Out of curiosity, what height are the sights/do you need to cowitness?
    20240319_180438416_iOS - Copy.jpg

I'm thinking I would have to use a very low mount on specific optics if I want to accomplish this and it probably would rule out any of the current optics I have on my radar. I could swap out the iron sights for flip ups, if I decide I really need co-witness I guess.

Last edited:

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    I like the circle dot. I have the AEMS on my x95. It was either going to be that or the scrs. I considered the 512 as well but it seemed heavy in comparison to the others.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    If you want to Co-witness...I get it. I do.

Another option if you want to keep the OEMs on there: An optic mount that'll let you see through it.

Apparently these OEM Scorpion sights are somewhat of a collector item. Some folks are paying up to $100 a set for them!

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If you want to Co-witness...I get it. I do.

Another option if you want to keep the OEMs on there: An optic mount that'll let you see through it.

Apparently these OEM Scorpion sights are somewhat of a collector item. Some folks are paying up to $100 a set for them!
    Interesting, I'd think there would be quite a few takeoffs out in the wild. I haven't looked to see what they go for new (assuming if sold from OEM)

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've ordered a Holosun AEMS Multi reticle in red. I ordered it from a slow boat shipping place. We'll see how that goes. I may also still get a 510C for another firearm I have if this place comes through well on this order.

I did not order the low mount as yet for the AEMS. Will decide on that at a later time once I have the optic in hand.

Top Bottom