• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Items they show 'in stock and ready to ship' is a lie.

They use Amazon, eBay and their own website among others.
    Another website they have is https://www.tactical-store.com/. Same ****.

Avoid them like the plague.

Tried to order some parts that 'were in stock and ready to ship'.

Received an email the next day stating that it would not be available until June.

F them. Take your business to someone that will not lie to you.

:ingo:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    depending on what you are ordering, the volume of sales may move faster than the database is updated..
    I have had excellent service from them, and even experienced the reverse, ordered something marked as back ordered, and got it in 2 days.. before I got the "has been shipped" email..
    they also give NO problem returning something.. even took back & gave me 100% refund on a sight that had been mounted..

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have experienced the same thing recently.

Yeap found a real steal of a deal. Not only did they as it was in stock ready to ship the very next day they charged my CC for the full amount and only after a week of calling and asking when the shipment arrival would be was I informed that it would be at least 8 weeks out. I let the CC company get me my money back.

SWFA now gets my business online for optics. They will internet match unless it is some special item that they can't get.

Believe it or not when my rings (Warne low stainless ) were not in stock they shipped the scope out and only chaged the full amount a few days later when the rings shipped. I had the scope for 3 days with no rings for free. To bad i could not use that scope without the rings.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am not complaining. I ordered a holster from them and got an extra for another pistol that I will probably sell to pay for the first.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I've had good service from them in the past. Guess it depends on what you're ordering and when you ordered it. Sounds like their ordering database may not be as real-time as it should be given current high volumes. Thanks for the heads-up; if I order again I'll try to mitigate the problem with a phone call to confirm availability before proceeding until things start to return to more normal volumes!

Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    I have had the same issues with them 3-4 years ago, items shown as in stock are not in stock.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have used optics Planet in the past. I call them and talk to a sales clerk. The last time I asked about an item that was not in stock and she suggested another similar item at my price point. It was at my house 2 days later.

There is also a guy on this site called 42769vette. He has an optics business and has a great reputation around here. I'm sure he can fix you up with exactly the right optics.

Last edited:

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Same crap here! I found a particular item in stock for a great price rhat no one else had so I ordered it from them, got an email later that day sayin 8-12 weeks... Those S.O.B.'s aint got **** in stock.

Thumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2013
    West Side
    I ordered a Nikon optic because they had the best price around. Got it shipped, ready to install and realize that the turret adjustments were calibrated for a specific round. Shipped back for refund with explanation. They charged me a re-stock fee even though the website explicitly says there is no re-stock fee. I called to inquire, and was told that I was charged becuase I didn't cut through the right sticker to open the box and that the box was destroyed by the way I "tore it open." I explained that it was a shoe box style lid that must be lifted straight off and that I didn't tear the box open or have to cut any labels to do so. After some back and forth arguing, I was given a credit but I'll never go back after those shenanigans.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I've made 3 optics purchases from them and never had an issue, now I am beginning to wonder if it was just luck!

Since I'd rather keep things local, next optics purchase will be from A&A Optics (42769vette).

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Ive used Optics Planet several times with no issues. I'd suggest that youjstu got caught up, like someone else said, in a DB update issue. Things like that happen. They aren't evil.

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Padawan is absolutely correct. About two and a half months ago I couldn't find a LEE. 223 full lenght sizing die anywhere. Optics Planet showed the item in stock so I jumped on it. They took money immediately and I didn't receive my die until.... 2 MONTHS LATER!!

Top Bottom