Organizing my ar15 parts for future builds and maintenance.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Playing around on how to store them. I have 4 metal parts drawers with 30 spots each to place items. But if I drop any it will be a mess. Thinking placing them in small bags also ....

What all do you do?

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Playing around on how to store them. I have 4 metal parts drawers with 30 spots each to place items. But if I drop any it will be a mess. Thinking placing them in small bags also ....

What all do you do?
    Small plastic bags work wonders for keeping small parts from getting lost until they get installed in a firearm.

You can get all fancy and buy "just the right size" from Michael's ... https://www.michaels.com/search?q=s...dation_Components&path=popular_search_keyword

Or just use ziplock sandwich bags that you can pick up at the grocery.

Don't forget to use a permenant marker to label the bags.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Don't forget to use a permenant marker to label the bags.
    This is super important. Just because you know right now what gun some tiny little generic-looking part came off of, doesn't mean you'll still remember in 15 years, and your children or widow probably wont stand a chance. I hate to think how many ultra rare gun parts have been lost to history because they ended up in an unlabeled box-o-parts, and got thrown out in a move, clean-up, or after a death.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Plano organization boxes. I bought a 2 pack to use for all my reloading small parts (comparator tips, allen keys, case prep tools, etc.).

How does it happen.... poor planning. Follow the logic on that one. You bought a stock rifle and replaced with aftermarket parts.... pretty common. Or you bought parts to build and never did. On one hand you're saving parts you didn't like enough to replace, so it would be poor planning to use those on a future rifle. On the other.... you didn't plan a rifle build to completion. :bacondance:

Top Bottom