• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I looked in the NFA FAQ but didn't see anything...all I need to travel out of state with my suppressor is a copy of the form 4? No ATF notification or permission slip to cross state lines with (unlike anything short barreled, destructive or full auto)? For us basically stay out of Illinois and a choice few other states???

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I’ve seen hunting videos where they have suppressors on there rifles & they are crossing from where they live to where they are hunting .
    So not sure if they are removed for travel or what , but they are useIng them on the hunt.
    Not sure if that helps ?

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    Just checked that last month. My understanding the suppressor does not require ATF notification. You do need your Tax Stamp (copy or digital copy will do.) and if it is set up in a trust, a copy of the trust (digital will also do)

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    While I plan on taking an actual copy would a high res picture on my phone be valid? I've already done this and can zoom in and clearly read all my info that is on the approval and the serial # on the stamp. Would this be acceptable/fall under a digital copy? Like I said this isn't what I'm going to do but just wondering how this might go over if checked.

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    I carry only the digital copy of my form 1 and trust. I scanned them and saved them to Goodreader. Not sure how a picture would work but it is a digital copy.

rrschooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    I personally scanned copies of all my forms and saved them as PDFs into a Google Drive account. Keeps everything handy on my phone. I'm sure Google now knows all the NFA items I own, but they honestly likely had that info anyways.

Top Bottom