• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I frequent The Outdoorsman a lot and while their marked prices are high, like BBI says, they will deal on most stuff if you ask. I did not notice any change in their prices during the worst part of the gun buying craze and bought an unfired G23 with NibX for $528. That's not the lowest price around, but was also far from being the highest during the sellers market back in Feb/March. The guys there will take care of their customers.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    When does it become gouging and the long knives come out to boycott them forever?

I dunno, but priced at MSRP is tough to call gouging. Outdoorsman is higher than some LGS, but still tends to be cheaper than Gander Mountain or the like. There prices have also stayed steady during the "Panic of '13".

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I go in once and awhile and look around but kind of got turned off to them when I was looking for a Colt, they were 100.00 more for the same gun over Elmore's right down the street. Either they are waiting for a sucker that doesn't do even a modicum of research before buying or they are trying to get rich on one gun.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I knew someone that used to work for them. Guns had a 20+% markup and ammo was 40+%. They would not budge either. They order direct from the manufacturer on most of the brands they carried. If they are willing to adjust prices to make a sale, their old pricing policy must have changed. They did have a lot of the harder to find items.... But you paid for it being there.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Outdoorsman is my go-to shop for ammo when other places don't have it. It is pricey, but not a lot more than other places that I've seen and they seem to have some actually in stock compared to a lot of places. Also, I go there for my son's football needs. They do a much, much better job than Dicks.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Beech Grove Firearms had ONE Shield in the case as of about 6pm today, marked at $409.

Yes, Outdoorsman is higher, but like Doc says, there is the convenience of having it in stock. Their prices aren't set in stone, either, don't be afraid to open your yap and bargain.

**on edit**
    The one at BGF is a .40, they have more on order but only got two .40s in and no 9's.

As a matter of fact, I picked up said Shield from BGF on Sat! Gander had 1 for $450 and Highsmith in Greenfield had 1 for $475. All were .40.

Top Bottom