• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    anyone seen this in any shops in a 50 miles radius of Bloomfield?......hate to spend 17 buc's on hazmat for a 10 buc + ship bottle of bluin' just to try it...

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    anyone seen this in any shops in a 50 miles radius of Bloomfield?......hate to spend 17 buc's on hazmat for a 10 buc + ship bottle of bluin' just to try it...

I can't help you but I will never buy it direct from Brownells for any reason. That charge is ridiculous under any circumstances. :rolleyes:

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    I used Mark Lee's Express Blue #1 to get around the hazmat from Brownells and was very happy with the results. I bobtailed a 1911 and had to reblue the frame and the new mainspring housing came in the white and had to blue it also. When I was done it all matched the factory blue. I would recommend it.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    The hazmat fee is just a shipping charge they have to deal with. They either take a hit in price or charge you the fee. I can't fault them charging the fee.

Thanks but I am WELL aware of what it is and why it is. I just won't order it from them or anyone else with such a nonsense charge for any reason. The how or why doesn't change my mind on buying it.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It seems like you are banging Brownells for a fee they have no control over.

The fee is charged by UPS not Brownells.

It is kind of like blaming a merchant for sales tax.

But I am glad that I bought a gallon of it before UPS decided that it was a hazardous chemical........

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    If your worried about the hazmat fee find an online coupon. I ordered $300 worth of stuff a couple weeks ago, opened another search tab for Midway coupon and found a code that gave me $25 off my purchase. Alot of online store have coupons it's just up to you to use them.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    It seems like you are banging Brownells for a fee they have no control over.

:rolleyes: It seems like I said "...I will never buy it direct from Brownells for any reason. That charge is ridiculous under any circumstances." I never said Brownells was responsible in any way. But, then again, maybe you read something else in an alternate universe. :dunno:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    And of course you realize that you are still paying the fee when buying from a local retailer who got it shipped in. The retailer does not eat this cost as I'm sure you know.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    And of course you realize that you are still paying the fee when buying from a local retailer who got it shipped in. The retailer does not eat this cost as I'm sure you know.

And of course, I realize the cost at a retailer won't be $27.00 per bottle. The retailer will spread the cost over many bottles as I'm sure you know. :cool:

Top Bottom