• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Had a great time shooting with Jayhawk, EdBean, and JohnP82 over the weekend. However, while shooting my Kel Tec P11 I lost count on how many rounds I had fired, and next thing I know, I pull the trigger and hear a 'click'. I pulled the magazine out and pulled the slide back to find it was empty, I had fired the last shot. But the slide did not lock back after firing the last round.

I reloaded the magazine (I only have one currently) and had the same result after firing the last round.

That evening I cleaned her up really well, hoping it was a 'dirt' problem. Of course, I was wrong. Any ideas on what to look for before I contact Kel Tec?

Thank you!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Get another mag and try that, I've got some mec-gar mags that work well, and some keltec mags, if you know someone with a S&W M59, try using one of their mags and see if you have the same problem...if you only have one mag, might be that mag!

Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    Also, I could be your grip technique. I had that problem happen once with my PT 24/7. I noticed I was riding my thumb on the safety. After I made a conscious effort to abolish that habit, it has yet to happen again.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks for the replies. Next time I'm out and about I will try a different magazine to see if I have any luck.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    I didnt see anything wrong with your grip, must be the mags. I just mailed my two g27 mags back to glock. I had the opposite problem, mag was full and it locked back... :dunno:

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I didnt see anything wrong with your grip, must be the mags. I just mailed my two g27 mags back to glock. I had the opposite problem, mag was full and it locked back... :dunno:

I wonder if the Kel Tec warranty includes the magazine? I still need to buy a couple more mags, having only one doesn't cut it. Just haven't gotten around to buying any (but I haven't been too busy to not buy ammo!).

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    random thought... I wonder if I was hitting the slide lock with my thumb... probably didnt need to mail those mags back...

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    I had the same problem at my shop a few years ago with two Kel-Tec
    P11 magazines. I took two S&W 69 series magazine springs and
    installed them in the Kel-Tec bodies. Fit fine, a little tuff at first
    to load ten rounds, but never had another "no loc back" issue.
    You can also fit a 59 series mag spring, or send them back to Kel-Tec
    and hope you don't get the same problem returned.

:ingo::patriot:

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    random thought... I wonder if I was hitting the slide lock with my thumb... probably didnt need to mail those mags back...

Lol, doesn't that figure, think of a probable solution after the mags are sent in. Doh!

BTW, noticed your post count is 666, might want to throw in an "I agree" into a thread! ;)

Top Bottom