• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clownsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Fishers
    I was lucky enough to receive a Colt Government model 380 from a deceased relative a few months ago. It's a nice 380. I don't like the design and the 1911 style in general. How would anyone compare this to the Sig p232 as a comparable pocket/ carry .380? I'm looking for something lighter to carry than my .40, but I'm not sure if I should try to trade/sell the Colt for the Sig , or just stick with what I have.

I love the way the sig feels, love the design and love the DAK so much more than carrying cocked and locked.

Anyone had any experience with both, or either , the Colt Government model 380 or the p232?

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    im taken dibs on the colt if you sell. lol. it just depends on which you like more, ive shot both, and like both guns. i like a single action myself, i carry a colt pocketlite. thats a little smaller then the government model. the 232 is a double action and sig makes a great gun. take them both out and shoot them, see which one you like, the colt has a softer recoil. the 232 has a european style mag release which is slower to reload but better for pocket carry. just have to shoot them both and see what your cup of tea is.

clownsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Fishers
    Pale rider, you'll be first in line because I'm not a fan of the 1911 style. Just not my style, for whatever reason. It shoots nice, but I don't like the way it points and I just can't get used to going cocked and locked. Looks like I'll be giving the sig a tryout here soon!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    the Sig 232 is larger, heavier and has greater felt recoil than the Government .380. While you can do it, I think a Sig 232 is a little large for convenient pocket carry.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I own a p232. It has to be one of the nicest looking handguns on the market. It conceals wonderfully IWB, but I concur it is a little large and heavy for pocket carry. The possible downsides are a snappy recoil that may be deemed unpleasant by the recoil-sensitive. Also, some with larger hands may experience web bite. I have shot 1911s, Glocks, and revolvers for so many years that I have trouble adjusting to the DA/SA trigger pull of the p232. As for me, I am highly ambivalent about the gun. I am set up to carry it but rarely do; I also can't bring myself to sell it.

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    I'm a big 1911 fan but NOT for the little .380. The controls are way too small for my hands. The P232 is arguably the safest .380 on the market. Light and a no-brainer for carry. I always lean to simplicity in carry weapons. Mine shoots 3" groups at 7 yards.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    well I didn't say that but to help you, the 232 has a firing pin block safety decocker and da sa trigger, a lot guns have those options. colt has a firing pin block safety also but has no decocker... its a single action only. both guns are very safe in my opinion.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    Best thing to do is try both guns if you can. Borrow or rent a 232 from a friend or LGS. I own a 232 and love it. I also have a 238 which is the 1911 style .380. I love it too. The 238 is easier for pocket carry. Hope that helps some.

Top Bottom