• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Does anyone have one of these with Sig-made laser?

The Crimson Trace laser is a great product, but the P238s with Sig laser are more...economical. How would you compare the performance?

I'm looking for a second P238, as my CT setup is for the wife. I don't HAVE to have a laser, but boy do they make a difference in acquisition time.

And if anyone is looking to sell a nice P238... ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did not know that Sig made a laser for the P238. I was just looking at it and the price is attractive at around $110. I wonder how well it would maintain zero with the trigger guard mounting though. The other thing I think it gives up to the CT is usability in how it's activated. I carry my P238 in my pocket in a holster and the laser activation switch would be down inside the holster. That means I'd have to learn to hit the laser switch on the draw, along with the safety. The safety is a natural action, but reaching for the laser button could take practice to get it down pat.

Last edited:

mlohr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I can't compare the CT to the Sig laser because I haven't used a CT. I have a P238 Equinox with the Sig laser. I pocket carry it occasionally and have target shot with it for 2 years. So far it has held up without any problems. After initially sighting it in it has kept the same aim point. It is a cool toy. LOL

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    It is a very accurate .380 and pleasant to shoot. I prefer it to my 1911. She may or may not find the manual safety a good thing. If you train with the gun enough, taking the safety off will be second nature. It is not a high-cap weapon, so if she wants 13 rounds in a mag, ain't gonna happen.

The sights are quite good, and the night sights work well.

With the laser it is very easy to deploy on a target! The CT laser switch is located on the grip. The Sig laser has a separate on/off button and stays on until it's off.

It shouldn't beat up her hand like some of the plastic guns will.

That said, you may have a glitch breaking it in. My slide lock would fall out when racking the slide inverted, but sent it to Sig, their dime, and two weeks later came back fixed with an additional mag.

YMMV

There has been a lot of criticism of Sig, I think justified, but if you stick with it and break the gun in, you will have a great shooter and very concealable weapon.

Check out Crossbreed or Stoner holsters.

That being said, it is pricey.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    It is a very accurate .380 and pleasant to shoot. I prefer it to my 1911. She may or may not find the manual safety a good thing. If you train with the gun enough, taking the safety off will be second nature. It is not a high-cap weapon, so if she wants 13 rounds in a mag, ain't gonna happen.

The sights are quite good, and the night sights work well.

With the laser it is very easy to deploy on a target! The CT laser switch is located on the grip. The Sig laser has a separate on/off button and stays on until it's off.

It shouldn't beat up her hand like some of the plastic guns will.

That said, you may have a glitch breaking it in. My slide lock would fall out when racking the slide inverted, but sent it to Sig, their dime, and two weeks later came back fixed with an additional mag.

YMMV

There has been a lot of criticism of Sig, I think justified, but if you stick with it and break the gun in, you will have a great shooter and very concealable weapon.

Check out Crossbreed or Stoner holsters.

That being said, it is pricey.

Thanks for your reply, I was just doing some research on it and it looks to be a pretty good gun. She really liked it and it even fit my hand pretty decent. Recoil doesn't appear to be too bad as opposed to her sisters lcp which my gf won't even look at now. I did see the price tag and said ouch but would rather her have what she wants.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Thanks for your reply, I was just doing some research on it and it looks to be a pretty good gun. She really liked it and it even fit my hand pretty decent. Recoil doesn't appear to be too bad as opposed to her sisters lcp which my gf won't even look at now. I did see the price tag and said ouch but would rather her have what she wants.
    Don't buy Colt Mustang magazines for this gun. They will not reliably work in my experience, as the follower won't feed rounds at the same angle as the Sig mags.

There is an extended 7 rd. Sig magazine, try midwayusa dot com, although there may be other sources. These are going to run about $43 or so.

Apparently you can change out hammer springs to lighten the trigger a little, but that probably affects your warranty. Sig does offer custom work in their shop, too, but you really won't need to change too much.

There are a couple of nice pocket and ankle holsters for the gun also, if she doesn't want to carry on a belt.
    Have fun!:D

papakevin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Just got this in an email from Buds Gun Shop in Lexington, KY.

SIG SAUER P238 380 2-TONE NIGHT SIGHTS with LASER for $529 DELIVERED !

I've always had good luck with Buds and the price seems good if anyone is looking.

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    love mine so much I talked my niece into buying one too... ZX Guns out of Goshen has the best prices hands down.

Top Bottom