• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I love the way they feel in my hand. I know of the MR9 and the SW99. Is there any reason I should be leery of buying one of the clones over the original?

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    The Magnum Research MR9 is not a clone of the Walther P99. I know. I have one...

All the MR9 is, is a re-badged Walther P99 and PPQ hybrid (built by Walther) with Magnum Research's Desert "Baby Eagle" name. It combines the best features of both pistols into one (DA/SA, Decocker, Ambi paddle mag release, replaceable back straps, 15 rd mags, firing pin indicater, etc.) and has a few cosmetic upgrades over the Walther guns.

It's an awesome pistol and you cannot go wrong IMO. :)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    All the MR9 is, is a re-badged Walther P99 and PPQ hybrid

GetDynamicImage.aspx

It looks to be a re-tread of the 1st Gen Walther P99 (probably built at least partially by Walther, as the frame says "Made in Germany") with a couple minor enhancements like the multi-slot dustcover rail and the squared trigger guard. All the other features you named are/were present in the P99; I don't see any PPQ attributes (constant trigger pull w/ short reset, improved grip texture/ergonomics, extended mag release paddles, fwd slide serrations, trigger safety) in the MRI gun. :dunno:

Gen 1 P99:
    images

PPQ:
    images

Last edited:

Ben42391

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    You just missed out, I sold my mr9 a few weeks back. I put 500 rounds through it without a single hiccup. I would recommend it for anyone. The only reason I sold was because I found a deal on a ppq I couldn't pass up. FYI gander mtn in greenwood had mr9 and mr40 in stock yesterday. Good luck.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Well I ended up getting the Magnum Research MR40, from Gander Mountain in Greenwood. I had felt the MR9 a few days earlier, and knew I had to have it. I went back their, and they still had the MR9, but the also had the MR40… for $40 cheaper! So once determining that my wife could rack the gun and whatnot, I bought it. I ended up paying $530 for a brand new MR40. I should have the chance to shoot it tomorrow. If so, I'll let you know how it goes!

PS- as of Wednesday, they still had the MR9 at Gander.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    You just missed out, I sold my mr9 a few weeks back. I put 500 rounds through it without a single hiccup. I would recommend it for anyone. The only reason I sold was because I found a deal on a ppq I couldn't pass up. FYI gander mtn in greenwood had mr9 and mr40 in stock yesterday. Good luck.

I was going to PM you, but thought I'd ask here so others can see the answer. What all is compatible with the P99/MR9? Magazines? Barrels?

Ben42391

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    I was going to PM you, but thought I'd ask here so others can see the answer. What all is compatible with the P99/MR9? Magazines? Barrels?

The mr9 is a p99 to a t, aside from the slide. Any p99 1st gen mag will fit I hope you enjoy the gun as I did. Behind the backstrap on the mr9 it is actually stamped walther if that is any indication how sinilar they really are. Also holster wisr the blackhawk p99 retention fits perfectly also the imi defense p99 retention. Any other queations juat ask.

Top Bottom