• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Over 150 shooters signed up and 20+ vendors.. The Pass is looking awesome with a lot of renovations over the summer. Heck we are still doing work all the way up until Friday getting ready. If you have never seen cowboy action shooting now is the time. Come and check it out! Paradisepassregulators.com for directions....

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Looks nice! BTW, we prefer the term 'quadcopter' or 'multirotor' over 'drone'. That's like calling a Jeep a 'tank' because they both go offroad. This is a drone.

(Not your fault. The damn media keeps calling multirotors drones so everyone else does too. :( )

Are you the operator? We got a 'drone operator' thread over in the Break Room somewhere. I got a lot of flying in this weekend myself. You flying a scratch built quad or a prefab one like a DJI Phantom?

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Looks nice! BTW, we prefer the term 'quadcopter' or 'multirotor' over 'drone'. That's like calling a Jeep a 'tank' because they both go offroad. This is a drone.

(Not your fault. The damn media keeps calling multirotors drones so everyone else does too. :( )

Are you the operator? We got a 'drone operator' thread over in the Break Room somewhere. I got a lot of flying in this weekend myself. You flying a scratch built quad or a prefab one like a DJI Phantom?

Wait a sec, did you just lambast him for calling it a drone then invite him to post in the "drone operator" thread? My head spins right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Wait a sec, did you just lambast him for calling it a drone then invite him to post in the "drone operator" thread? My head spins right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round.

I didn't create the 'drone operator' thread and I expressed similar concern in it over the title. Since I can't change the title of the thread someone else created I simply gave him the title of the thread as it exists. Though it is a good thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/350491-drone-pilots-fpv-quad-plane.html

It's like when the media calls every gun in a shooting an 'assault rifle'.

Not a huge deal, but drone sounds so negative and the general consensus from those who aren't familiar with these aren't very positive. I was even at an AMA endorsed RC plane flying field this weekend and spoke with some RC airplane pilots who even called them 'drones' (when in fact they're the ones flying crafts much more similar to war-drones than what a quadcopter is...). You say tomato, I saw to-maht-toe. The general public is quick to judge and 'drone' = bad and 'quadcoptor' or 'multirotor' = geeks toy. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is still the first thing that comes to mind when I hear the term "drone". Yeah, I'm old. :fogey::):

"Drones are male honey bees. They develop from eggs that have not been fertilized, and they cannot sting, since the worker bee's stinger is a modified ovipositor." Wikipedia

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I didn't create the 'drone operator' thread and I expressed similar concern in it over the title. Since I can't change the title of the thread someone else created I simply gave him the title of the thread as it exists. Though it is a good thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/350491-drone-pilots-fpv-quad-plane.html

It's like when the media calls every gun in a shooting an 'assault rifle'.

Not a huge deal, but drone sounds so negative and the general consensus from those who aren't familiar with these aren't very positive. I was even at an AMA endorsed RC plane flying field this weekend and spoke with some RC airplane pilots who even called them 'drones' (when in fact they're the ones flying crafts much more similar to war-drones than what a quadcopter is...). You say tomato, I saw to-maht-toe. The general public is quick to judge and 'drone' = bad and 'quadcoptor' or 'multirotor' = geeks toy. :)

Well, I guess that makes sense then, but boy oh boy did that seem odd to me.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Wish I could say the heli is mine but its not. I know the fellow that owns it. He has a monitor on his control. He told me how much he had in the control unit and it was upwards of a grand. This thread was suppose to highlight our range and to get ppl to come check out the Hoosier Ambush. Lol.....

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Wish I could say the heli is mine but its not. I know the fellow that owns it. He has a monitor on his control. He told me how much he had in the control unit and it was upwards of a grand. This thread was suppose to highlight our range and to get ppl to come check out the Hoosier Ambush. Lol.....

Well it's INGO so you know there would be thread drift. Thanks for posting.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013

Sorry! :)

It was a neat video and it certainly looks nice out there. Where exactly is this at? Looks neat!

Top Bottom