• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was at Fairchild AFB when that happened. I was also very close (very minor burns) to where the B-52 crashed later that week.

That's the lucky part of my statement. Unfortunately, some of that luck required innocent victims to keep the gunman's attention while the SP got in range for his shot.

The same applies to a situation like the Paris attack.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I started carrying 2 spare mags instead of one for the EDC and the BUG. That gives me 46 rounds of .40 and 23 rounds of .380. I have considered a rifle in the trunk, but as others have said, if I make it to my car, I am most likely out of danger anyway. I agree with the idea of carrying a small IFAK as others have suggested as well.
    My family tends to stay away from crowded places such as sporting events and malls. I hate the Mall this time of year anyway. We go to movies during the day when typically there are not very many people in the theater.
    I think if most people would just exercise some common sense and get their heads up and out of their cell phones and pay attention to their surroundings, most if not all of the mass shootings would have different outcomes and casualty counts.
    I have served in two wars and worked as a contractor in the middle east quite a bit. That experience has taught me that situational awareness is key to getting in and out of any danger zone safely. If someone is paying attention, notices and recognizes danger, and is willing and prepared to respond with force on force, then that person is much more likely to survive any violent encounter.
    Proper mind set, good training and being proficient with your EDC will get you much farther than an AR in the trunk with a full combat load.

Top Bottom