• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    So I am very seriously considering a SBR build from a Krinkov parts kit. To do this the right way, can I buy the kit (minus the barrel and receiver) first, then the receiver, and then fill out the paper work once I am ready to buy the short barrel and send it to the shop for assembly?

I am not familiar with SBR's and don't know anyone that has one, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Unlike AR's, with AK's it's generally thought that an entire kit including bbl and receiver is fine to possess as long as the bbl isn't already pressed into the receiver.

You can even send them to the builders like that and they will complete the gun less pressing in the bbl until you get the Form 1. That's how I was going to do mine until I bought a complete build.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Good luck finding a krinkov parts kit for a decent price. The cost of AK kits has gone through the roof since the barrel importation ban. Krinkov 5.45 kits being some of the most expensive of them all. If you really want an AK pattern SBR rifle you may want to think of a Draco pistol converted over to an SBR. They make 7.62 and 5.56 ones that are readily available. R Guns has barrel less krinkov kits at $775 RGUNS - Gun Parts - Rifle Parts - AK Parts
    Plus finding a barrel or having one made and a receiver. And the cost of having in built up.

You could buy a Draco and after the conversion and tax stamp have less in it than that kit.

Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    The R Guns kit was the kit I had in mind. The Draco conversion makes the most sense, but I ended up buying the Krink kit. Was it a good idea? Probably not. Will it be fun to build? I hope so.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    There is a lot of helpful info on krinkov's over at www.theakforum.net they have a section dedicated to krinkov's. It looks like there is a guy on there that is going to be making another run of barrels for the kit you just bought.

KingWeb50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    I bought a virgin krink kit not a demilled kit and had it built by overland industries for a couple hundred bucks. demilled kits can be put together yourself with some basic skills but if you get a virgin kit someone that knows what they are doing needs to build it. The virgin kits cost more but essentially it is a unfired gun with factory barrel besides whatever test fires the builder does.

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I remember when you could buy krink kits for 1/3 the price :(

So do I. I know I paid less for my kit than what the kits with no barrel are going for now. ;)

2quqcnb.jpg

Top Bottom