• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CodyH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Those with a trust, did you setup a bank account in the trust name, or are you making purchases with your personal account, money order, etc etc.

I have a trust finalized tomorrow, but unsure what i want to do yet. Thank you for guidance.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    The lawyer doing your trust would be able to answer that. I personally do them through my bank account since I am the grantor of the trust. I am sure creating a bank account in the trust name would not be a bad idea, but from what I understand it's unnecessary.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    The lawyer doing your trust would be able to answer that. I personally do them through my bank account since I am the grantor of the trust. I am sure creating a bank account in the trust name would not be a bad idea, but from what I understand it's unnecessary.

Same here on both counts.

CodyH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    The attorney mentioned opening one, but it wasn't necessary. "The chance of the ATF auditing your trust is low, but could happen." It's my trust though. Just wanted the general consensus.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I spoke just last week to grant about this. The consensus was to fill them out on my personal checking account. My dealer sure try's to get me to do a money order.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Yeah, I've just been doing through my personal account. It doesn't really matter who is paying for them, as ownership is in the trust's name.

Top Bottom