• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    I have a crossman air pistol that uses C02 cartridges (Amazon.com: Beretta PX4 CO2 pistol: Sports & Outdoors).

I know other INGO members have various pellet guns and I was wondering about your experiences with their accuracy. I understand that for rimfire and centerfire pistols that accuracy is mostly/all the user's technique rather than the firearm, but does that rule apply to pellet guns or are they inherently less accurate? Maybe the pump long guns but not the CO2 pistols?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I have a couple of pellet guns, both pistols and rifle.They are just as accurate as real firearms, maybe even more since you have no recoil but I guess it can also depends on what model you have.
    Also just a bit of wind make them less accurate when you shoot outside, where it's usually not a problem for firearms.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    The answer might be the brand and type of pellets you are using. Some might be accurate in some guns but not in others. That is why companies like Gamo offer packs with several different types of pellets, so you can see what ones work best in your pistol or rifle. Try pyramidair they have some of the best deals.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I talked to a guy working at Bass Pro that said he goes to Kingsbury with his pellet gun and can tack drive with it at 50yds. This is just here-say, but he seemed like a pretty honest fella. ;)

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    A spring driven pellet gun takes a lighter hold to get accuracy due to its double recoil than a CO2 or PCP. I have an FX Royale 400 in .177 that will punch one ragged hole at 50 meters on a calm day. On a windy day I can cover the group with a nickel at 30-40 meters using a heavier pellet. Invest in some high quality pellets like JSB, RWS, or H&N. They cost more, but are made to a higher standard. There are some very high quality accurate German, English, Russian, American and Swedish pistols and rifles on the market.

Last edited:

hf3787

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    I shoot international air pistol with a Steyr LP-10. It will drive tacks at 10 meters.
    Check out the air pistols at Pilkington guns/ Target talk

Top Bottom