• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I'm thinking about buying some of those hard plastic deer blinds to permanently mount on some private property. Has anyone seen any that are reasonably priced? The least expensive that I've seen so far is about $500.
    Also, does anyone have any recommendations on which ones are good and which ones are bad?
    Thanks in advance

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    For $500.00 you could build a sweet blind out of treated wood. I mean it. Quiet sliding windows, insulation, carpeted floors, shingled roof, a small propane heater, locks on the doors.. cozy. Heck, I'll bet you could even camp paint the outside as far as that goes. ive got two on my property.. Why freeze your ass off in a tree?

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Man, the old steel bin one must get really cold.

Actually it is just the opposite, when the sun is out its gets really hot inside. About 2 years ago I was hunting late season and it was about 18 degrees out and I was down to my jeans and long sleeve shirt.

rao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    My experience has been that you get what you pay for with blinds. I went through several cheap blinds before investing in Double Bull blinds. They cost more but they last a very, very long time with much more versatility. However, I have also had great success simply building a ground blind from materials in the woods. you can get very creative, make it look very natural and fresh cut pine branches, etc can also work to reduce your scent...not to mention they are free!

Top Bottom