• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    We went and picked up the wife's new 10/22 today. It's a 10/22 in an M1 carbine stock with tech sights, volquartzen hammer,* auto bolt release, and an extended mag release.

Here she is:

We got it home and went over it a little bit prior to shooting it. Everything looked good to go but the rear sight was a little loose.* I tightened it up and we took it out back. The hammer really makes the trigger nice compared to stock. This thing shoots great. I can't wait to see how she does when we take it to the Revere's Riders event in Crawfordsville in a couple weeks. Here she is shooting it.

Afterwards, I grabbed the other Rugers and took them out for a little sunshine and a photoshoot.* From left to right:
    *My 12 year old's 10/22 he bought last year. It has tech sights and a sling setup as a LTR.
    My 10/22 with a vortex crossfire II and a Huntertown Arms B22 suppressor.** The can normally resides on the bolt action.
    My Ruger American Rimfire 22lr with Tech sights and sling also setup as LTR.
    Last but not least, my wife's new to her 10/22.*

And some solo shots:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Nice looking set of Rifles.

The good news is Ammo is becoming easier to locate. The bad news is the cost haven't come down as much as we all hoped they would.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Yes sir. I couldn't pass it up. We are doing a Revere's Riders event in a couple weeks and it was setup already. Pair that with the fact my wife loves the look of old military rifles and it was too perfect of a deal.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Your 10/22 looks like the same Walmart exclusive that I have. Did you swap off a stainless barrel for a threaded one?

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Yes sir. I couldn't pass it up. We are doing a Revere's Riders event in a couple weeks and it was setup already. Pair that with the fact my wife loves the look of old military rifles and it was too perfect of a deal.
    If you're planning to attend a RR event, please sign up as soon as possible. We just cancelled the Bedford event due to no preregistrations. At the moment, there's only 1 preregistration showing for the 23-24 April Crawfordsville event.

I'm looking forward to seeing you, your wife, but especially your new rifle on the line at Crawfordsville.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Which carbine stock is that exactly? I have a 10/22 that really "needs" the same treatment as yours!

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I'm not sure. He said that where he got it, it was discontinued. I found one what appears to be just like it on brownell's. And by the reviews that say to stay away from the dark finish, I feel like it may be the same. The dark finish on this one is easily chipped and damaged.

Top Bottom