Picked up my Huntertowon Guardian today...awesome!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Called last week and found out Ms. Dusash approved my very first stamp on Tuesday; swung by Orion Arms this morning to ask a question and Chris told me my paperwork had just landed on his desk.

WOOHOO!

Immediately ran home, changed clothes, grabbed some stuff and hauled it up to Henryville at 1pm where I promptly waited 30 minutes for half a table to open up at the forestry range.

Here it is being fashionably worn by my Glock 19 with Advantage Arms 22LR threaded kit:

392210_10101677025584218_235460864_n.jpg

Ran a mag of 40gr Mini-Mags through the threaded barrel to make sure it functioned okay (was a brand new barrel), then screwed the can on, put in a fresh magazine and took aim; the sight picture was unaffected by the suppressor. Squeezed that first shot off and *ting* a hit dead center on the 8" diameter round steel target I set up about 30 yards.

After that first shot, reaction was, in order :D then :yesway:then :rockwoot:

Ran a few mags of the 40gr Mini-Mags down it and it functioned 100%, and accuracy seemed to be better with the can on than off. Tried two mags of 36gr MM HPs, and they too functioned 100%. Then I decided to try CCI SV.

Before today, SV would function about 70% of the time in the pistol. With the can on, it functioned 100% and was nuts-on accurate. Also sounded very close to Hollywood-quiet, well as close as I could tell with ear plugs in given everybody else banging away around me.

Tried 5 rounds of CCI Quiet-22; as expected it wouldn't eject/feed and was the tiniest bit quieter than SV.

Tried Federal AutoMatch, and it wouldn't feed worth a darn (never did before either).

Finally I tried the recommend Remington Golden Bullets. They're dirty, they're not that accurate, but damn if the AA kit doesn't eat them like candy. Also 100% reliable with the suppressor, although I was getting a fair amount of blowback in the face with the Golden Bullets (and never got any with any CCI ammo).

I then screwed it on my Savage FV-SR and tried CCI SV...stupidly quiet. With Quiet-22s literally all I could feel/hear was the hammer drop...rabbits best stay out of my garden! With Automatch I could hear the supersonic crack, but report was definitely diminished.

In all, I probably ran 300+ rounds down it this afternoon. There might maybe be "better" rimfire suppressors on the market, but for the $200 I paid for it I totally couldn't be more pleased. And I'm hearing the siren song of that Kestrel 556 at Orion as we speak...

terrance250

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    Awesome! can't wait to get mine in...........late January, or February :(

Hmmm, I'd been thinking about getting a Ruger 22/45 for a host, but that AA kit looks like fun! Who sells those?

Top Bottom