Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    North bound traffic on I-69 is being diverted onto SR 28 due to multiple crashes at the 248 MM . South bound traffic is being diverted onto SR26 in Grant County. Units are not reporting any injuries, but motorists should avoid the area while crews work to remove vehicles and open lanes.
    ?I-69 in Delaware Co. Closed Due To Multiple Crashes? from Indiana State Police-Pendleton District 51-Pendleton, IN : Nixle

Glad there are no injuries the pictures I saw looked pretty bad.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Accidents all over the northern part of the state. The toll road has pile ups and multiple closures, 30 has a few big wrecks including a 20 car pile up near Columbia City and 20 is closed near Rolling Prairie for an accident with fatalities. Cars are in ditches everywhere. One of our neighbors has her car in a corn field not far from home.

It's a mess! People need to just stay home and be safe in weather like this.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Yep. And my daughter just told me she is driving home from work because her boyfriend told her it was FINE out there. :ugh:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    From ISP: Troopers north of Indy are keeping busy today. During the last 6 hrs they have responded to over 130 crashes and slide offs due to the snow.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    LaPorte county has posted that they are not responding to crashes any longer due to the risk to their officers. They posted this on their FB page. "Further, the sheriffs department will NOT respond to property damage crashes. We ask that the drivers exchange information. Roadways are in horrible condition, the department has been overwhelmed with personal injury crashes, including two involving our deputies who were injured."

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Be careful:
    "LA PORTE COUNTY STATE OF EMERGENCY: All citizens are to remain off the roadways. Further, the sheriffs department will NOT respond to property damage crashes. We ask that the drivers exchange information. Roadways are in horrible condition, the department has been overwhelmed with personal injury crashes, including two involving our deputies who were injured."

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    It's getting real:
    "Travel Warnings are in place for Fulton, Koscisuko, LaPorte, Marshall & Starke counties (IN). Travel is prohibited except for emergencies."

Top Bottom