• ...and so much more!
  • Arhen1990

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2019
    Winamac
    Just bought one today. It was an impulse buy and I have never had an AK I thought it would be a good started AK at the price. I have read alot of mixed reviews. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with these rifles. I wont be able to shoot it till Friday so I would like to know what to expect. Thanks

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    I purchased one from Aim a few years ago. I haven't shot it that much, just a few hundred rounds. I haven't had any problems with it. The IO magazine magazines that were provided are of poor quality.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Polish import AK47 from Pioneer Arms 2.0: No Go! - AK Operators Union, Local 47-74

usually when it comes to AK I’d suggest combloc or bust, the pioneer arms AKs are made in Radom, down the street from the original Radom plant that made military guns. Haven’t seen much positive about these, outside of the people who shoot it 5-30 rounds per range session. I believe these are the same people that had the hellpup pistols a while back

my suggestion on AKs still stands as; Saiga, VEPR, WASR or Chicom

Arhen1990

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2019
    Winamac
    Polish import AK47 from Pioneer Arms 2.0: No Go! - AK Operators Union, Local 47-74

usually when it comes to AK I’d suggest combloc or bust, the pioneer arms AKs are made in Radom, down the street from the original Radom plant that made military guns. Haven’t seen much positive about these, outside of the people who shoot it 5-30 rounds per range session. I believe these are the same people that had the hellpup pistols a while back

my suggestion on AKs still stands as; Saiga, VEPR, WASR or Chicom

Do they even import Veprs anymore or saigas? Yeah I watched that video, I also read alot of reviews on classic about people putting 2,000 rounds no problems.. Idk not experienced, but I didnt want to pay 1,000 plus for my first AK this one is to test the waters.

Dimik

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2018
    Mishawaka
    Do they even import Veprs anymore or saigas? Yeah I watched that video, I also read alot of reviews on classic about people putting 2,000 rounds no problems.. Idk not experienced, but I didnt want to pay 1,000 plus for my first AK this one is to test the waters.

I just picked up another vepr about 4 weeks ago. Brand new, made in 2017. So i guess they do still somehow import them. If you get one, you won't regret it. They're excellent.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    Vepr's are not being imported, but you can still buy them new... so once they're out, they're out. It's going to be one of those rifles I wish I purchased while I could have. I'm pretty confident the price on Vepr's will increase drastically within the next few years. Especially once the new ones dry up.

As for AK's, I got into them the same way you did and it was fine for awhile. I learned a lot about them. Once you upgrade you'll not look back though. Luckily, you're not in the hole too deep for your first AK, learn the platform and if you end up liking it you can always trade up or save up for an Arsenal, WASR, Vepr, etc.

Top Bottom