• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Hi all - I am thinking of buying the pistol racks made by Versatile for my safe. I am concerned about the plastic that the rack is coated with reacting with the oil on my guns. Anyone use these racks? Anyone hear of any issues with this?
    thanks!

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i don't have the versatile but you should be fine if its just oil. i have the ones from the 1500 where they go inside the barrel and hang off the shelves leaving you all the shelf room and haven't seen a problem yet.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    well - i bought a versatile rack and after a couple months I can see where the plastic coating on the rack is reacting with the oil on my guns...:noway:

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    What is happening when you say it is reacting? What kind of oil are you using on your firearms? I think I would have more of a problem whith the oil that you are using is damaging plastic. It just seems interesting that you were concerned about the oil reacting to begin with.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    What is happening when you say it is reacting? What kind of oil are you using on your firearms? I think I would have more of a problem whith the oil that you are using is damaging plastic. It just seems interesting that you were concerned about the oil reacting to begin with.

I use Rem-oil or CLP. I am a chemist and most petroleum based oils will react/dissolve most soft plastics. There are some plastics that are nearly inert - tygon, etc. These racks are coated with a soft plastic material.

Top Bottom