• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I recently picked up a couple of inexpensive knives and have been very impressed with both. The first was a Kershaw CQC-7K, and the second was the Zancudo. Both knives are around the $30 mark, so I wasn't expecting a whole lot. The Kershaw is actually pretty stout, and has the "Wave" feature for easy opening. The Zancudo is a slim and slicey knife that carries very light. Neither of these are wonder steels or tools you'll want to hammer into a tree, but for EDC I can't find anything bad to say about them. I've had some cheap knives in the past that were more dangerous than anything, but I'm actually impressed with these two for the price.

What knives have you bought that ended up being better than you were expecting?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I use an Opinel #10 (that stays locked open) nearly every day in the kitchen. Consequently, I now carry an Opinel #8 in my around-the-ranch pants continually. Well less than $20 for each, from Amazon in two days.

UGaARguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2015
    Lawrence County
    The Kershaw Thermite is the $30 or less (Amazon price fluctuations) knife I've been most impressed with. The HK by Benchmade Pika series are close behind. The Buck Spitfire isn't as nice as the first two mentioned, but it's US made, and they were $30 at Wal-Mart. I'm not sure they're worth the current $40 price point with Kershaw's upcoming Link US made value series that should hit the same price point.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I recently picked up a couple of inexpensive knives and have been very impressed with both. The first was a Kershaw CQC-7K, and the second was the Zancudo. Both knives are around the $30 mark, so I wasn't expecting a whole lot. The Kershaw is actually pretty stout, and has the "Wave" feature for easy opening. The Zancudo is a slim and slicey knife that carries very light. Neither of these are wonder steels or tools you'll want to hammer into a tree, but for EDC I can't find anything bad to say about them. I've had some cheap knives in the past that were more dangerous than anything, but I'm actually impressed with these two for the price.

What knives have you bought that ended up being better than you were expecting?

I was thinking of a Zancudo because I really Liked the RAT 1 folder (have several). But Brad doesn't have them!

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    i was shopping for a friend around the holidays, and picked up two thermites for $18 a piece from dicks. I have been happy with mine so far, as has my buddy who received the other one.

UGaARguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2015
    Lawrence County
    I totally forgot the Coast FX-416. They're Chinese imports, but Home Depot had them for $7 in the stocking stuffers section before Christmas, and they still have them online for that price with free shipping to the store. I could live without the serrations, but otherwise it's great. It's a big, sturdy frame lock with decent blade steel (7Cr17MoV, which is basically 440A).

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I really like the ESEE Zancudo, especially for the price. Mora is another great bang for buck blade that I have several stashed in every bag and vehicle I own. Another cheap knife I like is the Glock fixed blades.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    I use an Opinel #10 (that stays locked open) nearly every day in the kitchen. Consequently, I now carry an Opinel #8 in my around-the-ranch pants continually. Well less than $20 for each, from Amazon in two days.

Really like mine. I gave a nice stainless blade with afirican wood for christmas. I think it was $16 new.

mclovin1033

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2015
    Muncie
    Smith and Wesson HRT Bootknife. I just love the symmetry on this knife, and recently made a kydex sheath for it in the hopes of mounting it on my FLC.
    SWHRT9B.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom