• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    Okay guys, I'm not familiar at all with black powder firearms. I'm trying to get information on a few weapons for a widow who would like to sell them, but doesn't want to get ripped off. If you could let me know what they are, and what kind of price would be reasonable for them, I would be appreciative.

Okay, here's the first one:

There is a tag that reads "made in 1858". There is a barrel mark as seen in the photos, an "E" above "LG" above a crown or star, inside of an oval. The mark is seen here: http://damascus-barrels.com/Belgian_All_Proofmarks.html (the second box).

And the next one:

This is a side by side percussion fired shotgun. The top reads CENTAURE LIEGE–BELGIUM. The right barrel has the numbers "598" then further down the barrel "1". There is what appears to be a makers mark, a five sided star, above the letter S, which is above a line and what looks like an arrow or perhaps a column? Not sure.

Last and likely least:

From my research [insert google searches here:)], I think it's a kit build. It says "JUKAR" "SPAIN" "45 CAL".

All the images are on a album under my name entitled "black powder". I will try to link them here. INGunOwners - Dsgnr_81's Album: black powder

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance guys. :ingo:

Lancem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    North of Ft Wayne
    Can only say that I agree with you on the pistol, have one myself. The shotgun looks in very nice shape with the rifle appearing a bit more used. Sorry no more help here...

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    A few images, there are many more in the album

Here is an image of the first musket
    picture.php

The scattergun:
    picture.php

And the pistol: