• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Anyone have any experience with these plum crazy lowers? I know they are dirt cheap therefore I assumed the quality would be lacking. I searched through the forum and haven't really found anything regarding quality or reviewing them. All input is appreciated. :popcorn:

IndyS12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Zionsville, IN
    I'm too lazy to imbed the video, so here's a link to a Youtube vid a guy made about his Plum Crazy lower. He has it installed on a .50 upper, and he said it works about as good as any other AR15 lower. EDIT: It did it automatically... Neat!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90gSOiJ8iyU[/ame]

They're great lowers if you want to get one for cheap, and they work pretty well. The only real issue is that their FCG is all plastic, so if you upgrade the trigger you have to replace the entire trigger assembly.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have handled a couple of these in person, and have been less than impressed with their quality. In particular, the construction and fit of the pivot and takedown pins, and their detents. Both the pins and detents are polymer; the pins are very loose when pushed out, and the takedown pin was not properly retained in one of the lowers I handled (the owner had me replace both pins and detents with proper mil-spec parts).

With mil-spec stripped lowers available at less than $100 and LPKs starting at around $60, why risk going with something of unknown quality just to save a few bucks? :dunno:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Over 35 sold and zero complaints

Anyone have any experience with these plum crazy lowers? I know they are dirt cheap therefore I assumed the quality would be lacking. I searched through the forum and haven't really found anything regarding quality or reviewing them. All input is appreciated. :popcorn:

I have sold quite a few of these and so far all feedback has been positive. People say the trigger is really smooth. Once you mentally get over the "plastic" you will find it was a great choice for the money.

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I have a friend who used one to build an ultra light AR. He managed to get the entire build done in less than 5 pounds and it has been flawless. I have personally shot it and did not have any problems with it.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    When you add a 6 position stock and not even counting your time to put everything together you are in the $225-$250 range for a complete lower; that is about twice the cost of the PlumCrazy. A hundred bucks is a lot of money to some people. I believe the quality of these lowers have been well documented in many reviews and I have heard first hand from customers who purchased theirs from me that they work great. :dunno:

With mil-spec stripped lowers available at less than $100 and LPKs starting at around $60, why risk going with something of unknown quality just to save a few bucks? :dunno:[/QUOTE]

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i was very interested in these a while back, but i cam to the conclusion that they are cheap for a reason. there are plenty of threads on other forums about people having issues with them.

I might use one for a .22 build. ymmv

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    People are always slow to accept new ideas. Anyone remember what they used to say about Glocks?

Glocks aren't known to break in half after 100 rounds, and I've never heard of Glock returning just a stripped frame when someone sent a pistol in for repair.

Plum Crazy Lower FAILURE!! PIcs inside.. - updated - replacement arrived - AR15.COM
    Might be user error but it would still worry me.

Here's a better one:
    Plum Crazy Lower Destroyed? - AR15.COM

plumcrazydamage.jpg

Otherwise I agree. :D

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Caution, don't buy S&W revolvers or AK-47's or Glocks or.....

Like Plum Crazy Lowers cracking, Smith and Wesson revolvers blow apart.

sw3.gif

Same with AK-47's

ak742.jpg

Oh no, not a Glock too..... :laugh:

P1070194.jpg

Gee, think it might be operator error or bad ammo on some of these? It doesn't take much looking to find something wrong with any firearm; want some photos of Kimbers going Kaboom?

Oh, cheap plastic Beretta's too.

DSC00269.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom