1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I've seen that holster and considered using it, but decided against it. It would do a good job in hiding the outline of the gun, but violates one of the most basic holster requirements. It doesn't cover the trigger to prevent accidental/negligent discharges.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Not going off topic on this, but I was told years back the wallet gun was illegal. Yeah, don't know and didn't know how to look it up. Something about it not looking like a gun? Anyway, if the above sentence isn't a wive's tale, how is this holster different?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It is different in that you don't have to fumble to extract the gun from the holster in your pocket. Instead, you just pull out the whole mass and fire with the gun still in the holster. An interesting concept, but it does change how you hold the gun. I don't have any personal experience to say how it affects shootability.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Reminds me of the holster that NAA (north american arms ) had out a few years back , Witch is now considered an AOW item that requiers a Stamp .

something you might wanna look into before purchase .

Is pretty neat looking though .:dunno:

WaltherFan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    EM69XX aka Fishers
    Galco made something similar for the Beretta 21's. It's easy to carry but very difficult to shoot from. You can't get a good grip on the gun. I would expect it to be worst shooting a 380 vs the 22 that I carried.

spark

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    This is good info. I would like to know more about the possibility of it being considered an AOW item. Anyone?

funkeecowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    Marion County
    There are quite a few pocket holster options out there designed to stay in the pocket when the gun is drawn. Desantis makes a couple that are very "sticky" namely the Superfly and the Nemisis. The basic Uncle Mike's pocket holster stays pretty well depending on your pocket material - it was always stays when I'm wearing Old Navy khaki's but it doesn't stay when I'm wearing Old Navy or Levi's jeans. Fist, Inc holsters make a kydex pocket holster with a "thumb push" which seems like a good idea but I've not tried one yet.

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I have found it to work just fine. the trigger doesn't need covering unless someone is fumbling around in your pocket . What i liked best is you can pull the gun out and it just looks like a wallet .doesn't draw attention till its too late.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The holster that is the topic of the OP here is not an AOW because it does not conceal the entire firearm. If the holster covered the entire firearm, then it would be into AOW territory. The fact that the top half of the gun is exposed here keeps it out of AOW territory.

devildawg00311

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Se Indy/Wanamaker
    Obviously I can see where the advantage would be. I think it would be difficult to get use to shooting with. Anyone use a holster like this? Did it take long to get use to? Does it fit like a glove or is there some play?

Pocket Pal 380 concealment holster discreet carry Concealed Carry Holster Total Concealment undercover law enforecement ccw armed citizens conceled weapon permit no fanny packs Kel Tec Kel-Tec 3AT women Ruger LCP PocketPal pocketpal discreet extended

LMK

There is a company that makes "wallet holsters" for pocket guns but I cant remember their name.

Top Bottom