• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    The folk in Posey County--mostly those who live in Point Township--where the Wabash & Ohio rivers meet have been under water for a couple of weeks now. I have been petitioning WISH TV with pictures from the area to give this some airtime and they have not responded.

While Alabama and the rest of the deep South are certainly in need, I think it would be nice if groups like the Colts Organization would reach out to the fans down there too. They certainly have the money for it. They sent who knows how much money, manpower, etc to Alabama, but so far no mention of those Indiana folk.

To the best of my knowledge, the only help they have received is a Red Cross Shelter. FEMA has not turned up yet--but I'm quite sure they have their hands full.

These are good people of true grit that pull together though. I know they will pull through. Hang tough Posey County! Our prayers are with you!

Flooding Devastates Point Township - NEWS 25 WEHT Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The problem with the news stations is that it's not quite a "national story", plus Anything further south than US 50 isn't in the Indy viewing area / area of influence.

Personally, I wish the Indy news stations would cover more stuff from the south AND the north parts of the state. They won't do it, though.

-J-

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Point township is in a low lying area, so folks are used to the flooding. This one is pretty bad. Worse than 1997. My father in law's property was under 8 foot of water in places. The water is starting to recede down here. Hopefully help will start to trickle in for all the point township folks.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Heard from my wife's cousin. According to her, they were told that there aren't enough people in Point Township to receive any Gov't aid. All the while we are sending BILLIONS of dollars to countries like Pakistan. :xmad::xmad::xmad:

Here's some pics from within the past couple of days:

Top Bottom