• AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Guns

This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.

The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.

The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

As John Steinbeck once said:

1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

3. I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

4. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

5. A reporter did a human interest piece on the Texas Rangers.

The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and

asked him, 'Why carry a .45?'. The Ranger responded with, 'Because they don't make a 46.'

* Credit to Retired Texas Ranger Joaquin (Waukeen) Jackson , Alpine, Texas

6. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.

7. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing

his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?'
    'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

8. Beware the man who only has one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

Comments:
    I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. To which I said I did.

She said, 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!' To which I said, 'Of course it is loaded, can't work without bullets..' She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?'
    My reply was, 'No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have

fire extinguishers around, and THEY ARE ALL LOADED.'

Parting note: An unloaded gun is just a club.

Last edited:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Parting note: An unloaded gun is just a club.
    When I went to the last 1500, the officer that was checking my gun gave me a ****** look when he asked if I had any loaded magazines on me. Of course I did, because I unloaded my gun at the signage OUTSIDE OF THE DOOR. Where else was I supposed to put the mag? When I told him yes, I was half tempted to tell him that without a magazine it was nothing more than a rock, so why even bother carrying it.

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    Which is why I just ordered 5 more 15rnd mags. :rockwoot:

They should be here on Wed.

Glock mags? Mag whore!!! You should have let me in on the buy man.

shenanigans.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    When I went to the last 1500, the officer that was checking my gun gave me a ****** look when he asked if I had any loaded magazines on me. Of course I did, because I unloaded my gun at the signage OUTSIDE OF THE DOOR. Where else was I supposed to put the mag? When I told him yes, I was half tempted to tell him that without a magazine it was nothing more than a rock, so why even bother carrying it.

I haven't met a 1500 door cop yet that wasn't completely surly to anyone checking a firearm.

What did he say when you told him you had a loaded mag? I watched one completely go off on a guy for that at the last 1500 I attended. It was completely unnecessary.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I haven't met a 1500 door cop yet that wasn't completely surly to anyone checking a firearm.

What did he say when you told him you had a loaded mag? I watched one completely go off on a guy for that at the last 1500 I attended. It was completely unnecessary.
    He asked if I had any loaded mags, and I said yes. He wasn't rude about it, he just said they don't want loaded magazines or firearms. I unloaded the mag into my back pocket and showed him it was empty and went on my way.

It's not like I handed him a gun with one in the chamber. It's just the principle of the matter. :):

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'm not defending anyones actions but can you just imagine how many morons they have to deal with coming though the 1500. I would feel a bit on edge in that position.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Yeah the January 1500 they were checking at the door as usual, and when an officer asked this guy about his handgun being unloaded, the guy pulled it out, pointed it towards him, ejected the magazine like nothing was wrong. I can see the officers reason there.

I always enjoy standing in line at the front door with some guy holding a rifle over his shoulder gripping the handle and finger on the trigger. This kind of stuff freaks me out. Such ignorance.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I'm not defending anyones actions but can you just imagine how many morons they have to deal with coming though the 1500. I would feel a bit on edge in that position.
    My mag was not in the gun. It was in my back pocket, along with the round that was chambered.

Top Bottom