• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I admit I'm not a Colts fan but I'm curious as to why everyone is anxious to can Caldwell? Losing a hall of fame QB to the likes of an out dated Kerry Collins, Painter and then Orlovsky doesn't exactly promote winning. Everyone just looking for a total organizational overhaul or just not happy with the hiring in the first place?

A total overhaul is needed. They need to bring in people that can evaluate talent as far as drafts and free agency. Once that is in place and they're able to create stability via depth, a coach that knows his weaknesses is needed. They need a coach that is willing to bring in the right staff and they need to be able to get the respect of the players. Most times, I didn't see Caldwell being respected.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Is it possible to have a discussion about the state of the Colts' performance on the field without bringing up any of the issues regarding the use of taxpayer funds to build the stadium? Every Colts thread always gets derailed into discussing the public funds use for the stadium.

The offseason drama is only beginning. I did not expect Irsay to can the Polians. The QB mess with Collins and Painter certainly didn't help their case. This isn't a great team, but maybe they win 5-6 games with Orlovsky at QB all season. A lot of core players like Diem, Saturday, Reggie, possibly Garcon, Brackett, likely Mathis will not be back. A new GM will bring a new coach and a new philosophy. There will be drama over the next 4 1/2 months til the draft about Manning's health, the #1 pick, Luck, and Robert Griffin III. Not looking forward to the mess. It will be nice to watch the games in 2012 without dealing with any of this crap.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I hope they take Luck and RG3 falls to the Dolphins. I'd be okay with Michael Floyd or Landry Jones though. The Colts need a lot more than their next franchise QB and I really do feel sorry for fans that don't believe that. If they watched games all season and still think the team is a Waterhead Manning away from the Superbowl, put the pipe down and get some fresh air.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I hope they take Luck and RG3 falls to the Dolphins. I'd be okay with Michael Floyd or Landry Jones though. The Colts need a lot more than their next franchise QB and I really do feel sorry for fans that don't believe that. If they watched games all season and still think the team is a Waterhead Manning away from the Superbowl, put the pipe down and get some fresh air.

They weren't a Super Bowl contender with Manning, but they were likely a playoff team, especially given how bad the AFC South was this year.

You're right about this team having serious roster problems. At this point, I'd rather see them trade the 1st pick to Cleveland who has the 4th pick and another late 1st round pick, in addition to acquiring other picks. They could likely use the 4th to get RGIII and address some of the talent deficiencies, and allow RGIII to sit behind Manning for a year or two (If Manning comes back).

Top Bottom